Argentina Holiday Destinations June

Somewhereinba

Registered
I would like to take a week away with my girlfriend in June - any opinions on nice places? We will be flying out of Buenos Aires.

Main interests are nice scenery - not too far away, activities, restaurants etc.

Thinking about Villa la Angostura, Puerto Madryn, Calafate - we went to Bariloche and had fun. Is Salta nice that time of year?

We have already been to Mendoza and Cordoba.

Chapelco, our local ski resort here in San Martin de los Andes opens 18th of June if there is enough snow and there are now 2 flights daily. Usually one of the best times, with good snow and no crowds. If there is no snow, then thee is MTB :)

Salta should be nice, maybe Iguazu?

June is tricky in Villa la Angostura. There may not be enough snow for skiing, but too much for the longer hikes. Too cold for kayaking comfortably.
Then again it could be lovely.

I went to the NOA (from Tucuman to Salta) on mid May last year and it was wonderful. Bitter cold at night, chilly in the morning and then warm under the afternoon sun.
Also, it is low season there and it is less crowded.

I just returned from a trip to the Cuyo area (San Juan, La Rioja, Mendoza) and it was cold in the morning and at nights, warm only for 3-4 hours in the afternoon. Worse thing, all the places where we stayed had NO to ALMOST-NO heating and it was awfully cold to take a shower at night before bed. Also, some excursion might be not an option if it snows.

Salta was plenty of options a far as accommodation, but La Rioja and San Juan province are light years behind.
Now Buenos Aires feels so warm that I am wondering why we have heating on. ;)

Back