Argentina in Top 10 Among Less Expensive Cities Worldwide

Rich One

Registered
google translate

Due to the devaluation, Buenos Aires became one of the 10 cheapest cities in the world.....

Due to the effects of the devaluation, in the last year, Buenos Aires fell 48 places in the global cost of living ranking developed by the British magazine The Economist and ranked among the 10 most "cheap" cities in the world. The Argentine capital fell to 125th place among 133 cities and shared the list with the cities of Caracas (Venezuela), Damascus (Syria), Tashkent (Uzbekistan), Almaty (Kazakhstan), Bangalore (India), Karachi (Pakistan), Lagos ( Nigeria), Chennai (India) and New Delhi (India).

https://www.infobae.com/economia/20...una-de-las-10-ciudades-mas-baratas-del-mundo/

Much rather live in BA than any of the other cities....

We are so lucky to live in BA . I enjoy now more every bite of juice steak, every slice of Pizza Piola.Or Siamo n'il Forno
Hope no one reads this article or will be flooded with expats..! It's all a matter of comparison.

Hope no one reads this article or will be flooded with expats..! It's all a matter of comparison.

Irrespective of cost of living, its hard if one has no access to good usd...and on a consistent basis. Its v hard to earn money here.

Irrespective of cost of living, its hard if one has no access to good usd...and on a consistent basis. Its v hard to earn money here.

How do all these wealthy people in BA do it?

Mostly inherited money from generations. There are few wealthy families here who are extremely wealthy.
Mostly inherited money from generations. There are few wealthy families here who are extremely wealthy.

Seems to me that fortunes are made by being in politics or having connections to powerful politicians. Many got rich during the Menem days and need I even mention someone whose initials start with C and end with K?

I seriously doubt that Buenos Aires is one of the cheapest cities of the world . For people who live here it is the dearest city of South America for most products including cars , clothing , electronics , beauty products ,furniture , hotels , etc etc and in us dollars . It is a cheaper in us dollars for restaurant meals , taxis and transport , and long term rental agreements . Property prices in Buenos Aires are the third most dearest in US dollars after Santiago Chile and Montevideo Uruguay .

The cheapest major city of the world right now is Caracas Venezuela . Of course your security is not guaranteed but you can live very cheap .

Back