Argentina in Top 10 Among Less Expensive Cities Worldwide

It would help if you contact The Economist, to dispute their survey...

A friend is investing Now in real estate in Caracas... When Maduro is gone prices will skyrocket..
Caracas is cheap if you have dollars and can make your payments in Bolivares (Black market exchange). However in hotels now foreigners must pay in dollars . Airbnb as well , as usual

A friend is investing Now in real estate in Caracas... When Maduro is gone prices will skyrocket..
Caracas is cheap if you have dollars and can make your payments in Bolivares (Black market exchange). However in hotels now foreigners must pay in dollars . Airbnb as well , as usual

Can you share details of his experience in real estate in Caracas? Apartments? Does he rent them or do they stay empty? How does he prevent ocupas/squatters? etc

The investor bought two 3 ambientes in a premium neighborhood in Caracas (December 2018). He rented both units to foreign/local execs. in dollars. As I vaguely recall the prices were something like $50 K...:oops:
He went to Caracas on a shopping spree and closed in on 2 units. I believe he had sort of preselected areas an units online with a real estate agent.
No prices quoted in dollars? see Century 21 Office.

ttps://listado.mercadolibre.com.ve/inmuebles/apartamentos/venta/apartamento-en-caracas-economicos#

https://www.century21.com.ve/propiedad/902007/apartamento-en-venta-caracas-libertador-los-caobos

Last edited:
The investor bought two 3 ambientes in a premium neighborhood in Caracas (December 2018). He rented both units to foreign/local execs. in dollars. As I vaguely recall the prices were something like $50 K...:oops:
He went to Caracas on a shopping spree and closed in on 2 units. I believe he had sort of preselected areas an units online with a real estate agent.

ttps://listado.mercadolibre.com.ve/inmuebles/apartamentos/venta/apartamento-en-caracas-economicos#

Venezuela has great potential of course but how long does one wait for an upside ? Certainly for those who have extra money a small gamble on properties there could yield great rewards in the future .

I have also known people buying unfinished apartment buildings which builders left unfinished and split the country.

Those who have money/cash and can wait patiently, it could be a big gain

The cheapest major city of the world right now is Caracas Venezuela . Of course your security is not guaranteed but you can live very cheap .

It used to be. Not anymore. though property, petrol, school fees are cheap - but things like food, medicines, plane tickets, car parts, electronic gadgets, hotels are super expensive.

Take these surveys with a pinch of salt. the data is provided by governments. How can places like Netherlands be happy where they take 60% income in tax!

Venezuela is not at bottom most of least happy countries. Its at 108. How is it possible when people are fleeing.

Back