Argentina Keeps Losing Jobs

internationalguy

Registered
Many people know this, many people don't. RR Donnelley is the largest printer in the world. Bar none. Back in the day I used to have a strong business relation with one of their smallest divisions since we were after similar things and our business partnership made a lot of sense. I was at the mall today and I saw protests in Buenos Aires (what's new?). When I saw the RR Donnelley sign it caught my attention. Basically they decided to shut down their Argentina operations. People were protesting and setting stuff on fire (again, what's new?), overnight, 400 people lost their jobs. This is very sad for Argentina and things don't seem to be getting any better for people to be able to do business. When will all the companies that leave ever decide to return?

http://www.chicagobusiness.com/article/20140811/EMPLOYMENT/140819978/r-r-donnelley-shuts-down-argentina-operation

The situation is still better than expected, the recession is here to stay, I only hope the country does not explode as in every ten years, and unemployment reaches 25% again. It surely grow the unemployment rate, as in every recession everywhere, but this country is particulary extreme with recessions, turning into stunning crises.

Many people know this, many people don't. RR Donnelley is the largest printer in the world. Bar none. Back in the day I used to have a strong business relation with one of their smallest divisions since we were after similar things and our business partnership made a lot of sense. I was at the mall today and I saw protests in Buenos Aires (what's new?). When I saw the RR Donnelley sign it caught my attention. Basically they decided to shut down their Argentina operations. People were protesting and setting stuff on fire (again, what's new?), overnight, 400 people lost their jobs. This is very sad for Argentina and things don't seem to be getting any better for people to be able to do business. When will all the companies that leave ever decide to return?

http://www.chicagobu...ntina-operation
may be never this country is not for the faint of heart. survival of the toughest only. think about all the decades 50s 60s 70s 80s the economic turmoil was worse then than now, well even through all that some companies never left. they managed to survive the crisis that comes every 10 years.

The situation is still better than expected, the recession is here to stay, I only hope the country does not explode as in every ten years, and unemployment reaches 25% again. It surely grow the unemployment rate, as in every recession everywhere, but this country is particulary extreme with recessions, turning into stunning crises.

Matías, is your middle name "Pollyanna?"

may be never this country is not for the faint of heart. survival of the toughest only. think about all the decades 50s 60s 70s 80s the economic turmoil was worse then than now, well even through all that some companies never left. they managed to survive the crisis that comes every 10 years.

Life is a tough nut to crack.
The challenge is to be happy despite of the adversities.

Matias, try running a shop or business here and you'll soon realise that it's worse that you would expect.

The situation is a lot better than in 1981 with the financial crisis, than in 1989 when the hyperinflation, and than in 2001 with 25% unemployment, corralito, etc, etc,
The saga of this every-ten-years-crisis began, of course, with the dictatorship, and is a combination of recession, of debt problems, with no dollars anywhere...

Yes we have debt problems today, but I think it is well managed the situation with the vultures, we still have 30 billion as reserves, rare after ten years, unemployment less than 8%, still launching social plans, raising pensions, subsidios, etc, we still do not have the classic crisis situation, and if it comes, this time we have some new assets like, for example, Vaca muerta, an endless source of dollars, or, another example, the growing Chinas demand of the classic Argentinas exports.

Its just another world.

Back