Argentina Me Too Movement

I don't see any way how trial by media can be good. Of course, as soon as an accusation as grave as this is made, it tugs at your sympathy and some automatically associate this sympathy with guilt. It's a dangerous game getting into a system where guilt is presumed and not innocence. Our current legal system already makes mistakes and convicts wrongly on occaision, wait what will happen if we remove the presumption of innocence?

As for my personal opinion, I think he probably did it. Then again, psychologicially I probably would when I see a woman crying on national TV saying someone raped her. Again, it appeals to our sympathy. Tears are not proof of guilt sadly. Also, thinking he probably did it is simply not enough and that is what all these women championing the case also believe. The only certainty comes from the parties involved: him and her.

For the mobilaztion of women we are seeing, I fear this tactic currently being pursued by the MeToo movement will serve women well in the short term but will have devastating effects on them in the long term.

I don't see any way how trial by media can be good. Of course, as soon as an accusation as grave as this is made, it tugs at your sympathy and some automatically associate this sympathy with guilt. It's a dangerous game getting into a system where guilt is presumed and not innocence. Our current legal system already makes mistakes and convicts wrongly on occaision, wait what will happen if we remove the presumption of innocence?

As for my personal opinion, I think he probably did it. Then again, psychologicially I probably would when I see a woman crying on national TV saying someone raped her. Again, it appeals to our sympathy. Tears are not proof of guilt sadly. Also, thinking he probably did it is simply not enough and that is what all these women championing the case also believe. The only certainty comes from the parties involved: him and her.

For the mobilaztion of women we are seeing, I fear this tactic currently being pursued by the MeToo movement will serve women well in the short term but will have devastating effects on them in the long term.

Extremes are never good for society and trial by media should be outlawed . I have the fullest sympathy for rape victims or of violence and they should be fully investigated by the full weight of the law with the presumption of innocence until convicted. I feel society has lost its natural rhythm and the change in Argentina has been devasting . Men and Woman are no longer comfortable in their roles as society through media tells them how to behave . Human relations are suffering very bad with the tremendous rise of hook up culture and the diminishment of long term committed relationships . Argentina today has one of the lowest marriage and birth rates in the world . This will have a huge impact on future generations as the population ages and mass inmigration from Asia and Africa changes the social fabric of Argentina .

Unfortunately its obvious to intelligent people that there is something behind all this with a clear goal in mind . We as human beings need to be think independently and be not afraid to speak out

Extremes are never good for society and trial by media should be outlawed . I have the fullest sympathy for rape victims or of violence and they should be fully investigated by the full weight of the law with the presumption of innocence until convicted. I feel society has lost its natural rhythm and the change in Argentina has been devasting . Men and Woman are no longer comfortable in their roles as society through media tells them how to behave . Human relations are suffering very bad with the tremendous rise of hook up culture and the diminishment of long term committed relationships . Argentina today has one of the lowest marriage and birth rates in the world . This will have a huge impact on future generations as the population ages and mass inmigration from Asia and Africa changes the social fabric of Argentina .

Unfortunately its obvious to intelligent people that there is something behind all this with a clear goal in mind . We as human beings need to be think independently and be not afraid to speak out

Being part of a group is fine and healthy, but letting that group define who you are is not healthy at all. Many people, especially those under 30 are becoming defined by their group. Individual autonomy within a group is not happening anymore. It means the left is eating itself, and to a degree the right too.

Back