Argentina Property Tax Preparation Accountant

keystrike

Registered
Having recently bought a property in Buenos Aires I understand I need an accountant to prepare and file the taxes for me as they are due in May. Would anyone please recommend someone who is good at this?

Thank you and happy holidays!

Can you make a post on your process of buying the property especially how you did the money part.

Can you make a post on your process of buying the property especially how you did the money part.
I arranged ahead of time with my bank in the States. I took my laptop to the escribano office and did the transfer from my account in the States to the owners account in Argentina right there. Easy as pie. But that was over a year ago. I don't know if it can be done this way with the new administration.

Having recently bought a property in Buenos Aires I understand I need an accountant to prepare and file the taxes for me as they are due in May. Would anyone please recommend someone who is good at this?

Thank you and happy holidays!
Are you asking about the property taxes (which you should be able to pay without an accountant) or the biemes personales (which you would need an accountant to pay)?

Property taxes. I thought it was necessary to have an accountant file them for foreigners. Do you know of a guide for how to do this myself? Thanks!

If you mean the monthly abl ..taxes you can check Here...and see what's owing...

Property taxes are bienes personales so yes you would need an accountant. Pm if you need a recommendation.

Property taxes. I thought it was necessary to have an accountant file them for foreigners. Do you know of a guide for how to do this myself? Thanks!
It is NOT necessary to have an accountant file and pay your property taxes. As Neil indicated, you can find the amount owed on line and there are several options how to make the payments.

You may or may not be liable for the bienes personales tax which is a wealth tax on all of your assets in Argentina.

You may actually be exempt from paying (and even filing the declaratiion), depending on the value of your property and other assets. I haven't had to pay this tax since 2008 as my properties (owned one at a time) and vehicle have been below the minimum taxable value, which has increased significantly (in increments) since then.

Few real estate agents tell their foreign clients about the bienes personales and AFIP does not calculate them for you or send a bill. Your assets in Argentina (primarily real estate and vehicles) must be reported on a declaration jurada and submitted to AFIP buy an Argentine with a DNI, Iit might not have to be an accountant, but I'm not 100% positive.

Property taxes are bienes personales so yes you would need an accountant. Pm if you need a recommendation.
Property taxes (ABL) and the bienes personales (paid to AFIP) are entirely different.

Many foreigners have paid their ABL property taxes every year and later discovered that they owed significant past bienes personales taxes (with high interest charges). Based on what I've heard, as well as my own personal experience, this most often comes to light when they try to sell their property..

As far as I know, no one (except perhaps an Argentine with disabilities) is exempt from paying the property taxes, but Ive been told they can be negotiated if you are poor.

As indicated in my previous post, I have not had to pay any bienes persnaales "taxes" since 2008 and I have owned property in Argentina since 2006.

Last edited:
Back