Argentina questions allied attacks on Gaddafi

notebook.fix said:
Why wasn't Gaddafi given more time? asks the Kirchner Government.
http://www.lanacion.com.ar/1359192-la-argentina-cuestiono-el-ataque-a-libia

Time to do what?
I hope that he is denied permission to pitch his tent here!

Time to finish off the rebellion I guess. Most of the reports I've seen say that the UN military action was really at the last moment. If they had waited any longer that a bloodbath would have occurred. This kind of comment is about what I would have expected from this government.

That sort of comment fits in with Argentina's peculiar admiration for retrograde countries like Iran, Cuba and Venezuela. I guess any country at odds with the US is a friend of Cristina's.

First, I, in no way pretend to defend the Kirchners.

But FYI there are a lot of countries against this indiscriminate attacks by the US, UK and France, and those include China, Germany, Russia, the whole Arab league. The one thing is stopping the attacks on the rebels, the other things is firing HUNDREDS of missiles and bombs against all kind of targets. I am very sorry for the civilian casualties, about which we barely will hear anything as we are being bombarded with propaganda by the US/UK. Like in Afghanistan, where thousands of innocent civilians are killed every year. There was even a former CIA boss saying that the drone killings are the RIGHT of the USA as they are fighting their enemies :eek:
Sarkozy really wants to 'erase' Gaddafi because he's afraid someone would uncover the financial aid he received on his way to presidency.

I am afraid France/US/UK are again starting a bloodbath to stop a blodbath!

Just some months ago Gadaffi was best friends and holding hands with Tony Blair, Condoleeza Rice, Berlusconi...just for the oil, as Gaddafi has always been a tyranne. And now there they go, trying to secure access to oil. Why there was no intervention in Sri Lanka to protect the rebels? why have they left Somalia? No oil, no protection? What a hypocrisy!

Sorry Amargo but I have to ask... Did you just come out of a cave?

HAve you missed this year's news?

Did you hear about what's been happening in Egypt, Yemen, Bahrain?????

I'd love to know who's feeding you your news articles... Chavez? Gaddafi? Krisitina??

You must be joking right?

Can someone else explain it to amargo please?

Amargo said:
First, I, in no way pretend to defend the Kirchners.

But FYI there are a lot of countries against this indiscriminate attacks by the US, UK and France, and those include China, Germany, Russia, the whole Arab league. The one thing is stopping the attacks on the rebels, the other things is firing HUNDREDS of missiles and bombs against all kind of targets. I am very sorry for the civilian casualties, about which we barely will hear anything as we are being bombarded with propaganda by the US/UK. Like in Afghanistan, where thousands of innocent civilians are killed every year. There was even a former CIA boss saying that the drone killings are the RIGHT of the USA as they are fighting their enemies :eek:
Sarkozy really wants to 'erase' Gaddafi because he's afraid someone would uncover the financial aid he received on his way to presidency.

I am afraid France/US/UK are again starting a bloodbath to stop a blodbath!

Just some months ago Gadaffi was best friends and holding hands with Tony Blair, Condoleeza Rice, Berlusconi...just for the oil, as Gaddafi has always been a tyranne. And now there they go, trying to secure access to oil. Why there was no intervention in Sri Lanka to protect the rebels? why have they left Somalia? No oil, no protection? What a hypocrisy!

You should learn to respect other opinions. There are millions of people who are against these savage attacks. One thing is a no-fly zone, this just went way too far.
The same press who now turns against Gaddafi (surely fed by the US/UK/France) was just months ago praising him.
I am sorry, they cannot play like that with me.

Who are we to decide for the libyans? What if they want him to stay for 40 more years? I am for stopping him in his attackas on the rebels, the rebels have to be stopped too. Seat down and discuss. War is conducing nowhere (other than filling the books of some companies with close ties to Western governments).
The UN decided a no-fly zone should be guaranteed, not this carnage what's ocurring now.

In the former Yugoslavia, NATO et al sat around and let ground troops slaughter citizens that didn't agree with their angle. This time they've chosen to act right before a similar slaughter could take place.

You're not wrong that the slaughter is more important because there's oil in Libya, but that doesn't mean that they should just not prevent any slaughters anywhere because they're not going to prevent all of them.

Then again, 100 to 200 years ago (and before), these slaughters would have been seen as an honorable thing to do for the nation. Just as Roca. But times have changed.

Amargo said:
But FYI there are a lot of countries against this indiscriminate attacks by the US, UK and France, and those include China, Germany, Russia, the whole Arab league.
quote]

Amargo,

Not sure where you're getting your info, but the Arab League is in support of the no-fly zone. There were only five countries that abstained from voting... which is different from being against it. Both Russia and China, by voting against it, could have invoked their veto power. They did not.

Libya's attacking its civilian population with military might is completely unacceptable.

Back