Argentina Sacrifices Economy to Ward Off Virus

the membwr of the new goverment do not..

Hahahaha

However, this was a troll slogan because the real political debate is to tax those who have off shore money with a 2%. I read the the project is going to be debated at Congress by Zoom.

Why not both? As I stated in the previous thread this government should print more money to give direct cash payments to the poor. The politicians should donate their salaries and wealth, while the super rich can pay a little more in taxes.

This government is not doing enough to help the most vulnerable. Very disappointing.

Does anyone actually know a small business owner that's gone out of business as a result of the quarantine?

Does anyone actually know a small business owner that's gone out of business as a result of the quarantine?
I know many people whose business has been lost because of the quarantine . It does not take long to not facturar and you cannot continue . Most business in just 6 weeks will be closed especially restaurants . coffee shops , bookshops, clothes shops. etc etc . Its been also 2 years of a tremendous depression and to now put up with this is a big kick in the guts for the very decent small business class of Argentina

Small business women and men everywhere around the world work hard, they have a lot of pride, but their pockets only go so deep. Argentina, or anywhere else will see a lot of mom and pops as well as some larger entities go under. In this environment, it is unavoidable. For those who fail, a lot of them will try again and eventually find success in the future. Others will go back to working for the man. In any in stance, the rich are going to get richer and the poor a lot poorer. The middle class will get squeezed and forced lower on the totem pole of economic prosperity. For me, I see nothing but pain around the world. And specifically in Argentina, there is going to be a lost decade like they have never seen before. More pronounced than 2001 in my opinion. There is going to be a lot of heartache and misery. The country was already on life support before the virus, I don't see how the scenario can play out any other way??? And as always, I want to be wrong, but I fear I will be right.

Yeah think about Newsprint , magazines, etc. no sales . Also the kioskero out of business..! Can mention a couple of farandula magazines..!

Many magazines are giving it on line for free, when its content was paid.

We were speaking of printed stuff in paper . how does giving it away online the contents improves their finances ??? you confuse me?

We were speaking of printed stuff in paper . how does giving it away online the contents improves their finances ??? you confuse me?
You are right. Sometimes I misunderstand your meaning.
The State is taking care of improving the finance of people the best they can and this is dynamic.
I don’t understand why you insist in this when it is proven that if you give priority to the economy there are wholesale dies. The AR health system is not collapsed. People does not burn corps in the streets and the mayor is not using plazas as cementeries.
They test Covid in 100 places while 3 weeks ago there was only one. The CONICET (public scientist institution) already isolated a molecule that might avoid the spread and there are several designs of respirators applying for the State finance like this one:
I guess the answer is here, you buy time, you save lifes, you save the market in long terms:7F05924A-736B-4FF1-82EF-4DE08C3572CA.jpeg
You need people alive to have a market.
I suggest you listen the President in this interview:

Last edited:
Back