Argentina to disrupt Olympics

fifs2

Registered
Today's Sunday Times headline at: http://www.thesundaytimes.co.uk/sto/

Favourite line is the last in this quote:

The Argentine committee insists its team will conduct itself “in the proper spirit of Olympism in all we do in London and elsewhere”.
However, a senior source with a militant left-wing group in Argentina claimed members of Hinchadas Unidas Argentinas (HUA), another group of militants at one time linked to the Kirchner government, plan to travel to London to stage a protest. The Argentine government has always denied it has any links with HUA.

How could Argentina disrupt any sport unless they published a closeup photo of the president's neck?

Who could keep it up after that?

(Remember, the Olympic games were orriginally for naked men only.)

Let's keep the spirit alive and make the next olympics only for naked women!\

It's the equal thing to do!

I would take this all with a grain of salt. It seems to me that this is more about selling newspapers with sensationalism.

No source named, left wing group in Argentina not named, no quotes from anyone and that's your front page story.

Standards are slipping at the Times....and to think they expect you to pay to read it online.

steveinbsas said:
How could Argentina disrupt any sport unless they published a closeup photo of the president's neck?

Who could keep it up after that?

(Remember, the Olympic games were orriginally for naked men only.)

Let's keep the spirit alive and make the next olympics only for naked women!\

It's the equal thing to do!

I'll tell you what, you wouldn't want to be running around naked in London at the moment. That's for sure :)

scotttswan said:
That'll be fun, I wonder if they are aware they need a permit to protest in London and in certain areas it is illegal to protest at all.

ummm ...... the direct gov web page says ... "apply for a permit if one is required or requested (my italics)
If you are organising a march, you are legally required to notify the police six days in advance, or as soon as it is reasonably practical to do so. If you are organising a protest rally that will not involve a march, you are not obliged to notify the police, but you may still want to let them know"

"Certain places" - within the vicinity of the Palace of Westminster. I suppose you are refering to the controversial SOCPA but all that does is make the 6 day permit obligatory for a protest rally as well as a march .

Details here http://www.campaigncentral.org.uk/know-how/protest-and-law

A year or so ago I saw on TV an Argentine protest in favour of "Los Malvinas son Argentinas" at Speakers Corner and attracted the usual loony/funny/heckling audience plus dog

Let them protest!

:)

I think the imagery conjured up by the headline made me laugh more than care about the quality of the journalism. After the "tits out for the lads" Gualeguachu protest and the barras at the last world cup courtesy of Kirchner airlines it's a scary but hilarous image to think what stunt she would be financing to further her Falklands grandstanding. We shall see...not averse to naked men as Steve suggests...we can only live in hope!

fifs2 said:
I think the imagery conjured up by the headline made me laugh more than care about the quality of the journalism. After the "tits out for the lads" Gualeguachu protest and the barras at the last world cup courtesy of Kirchner airlines it's a scary but hilarous image to think what stunt she would be financing to further her Falklands grandstanding. We shall see...not averse to naked men as Steve suggests...we can only live in hope!

Actually, I suggested naked women. :p

Back