Argentina to stop placing entry and exit stamps in passports

Why don't they save some real money and not make you go through customs on your way out of the country? Never understood this....

Why don't they save some real money and not make you go through customs on your way out of the country? Never understood this....
Where do they do this? Never gone thru customs on the way out, except maybe at land crossings...

in EZE. you go through security, then go through immigration after that on your way outbound.

he's referring to immigration, what purpose does that serve leaving the country? except to collect overstay fines?

he's referring to immigration, what purpose does that serve leaving the country? except to collect overstay fines?
It allows them to count back out those people they counted in so they have a better idea of who is actually in the country.

The UK stopped counting people out some years ago. They now have no real idea how many people actually remain in the UK. For years this was used as an excuse to claim Britain was more crowded than it should be: now the worry is that uncounted doctors, nurses, truck drivers and other essential workers have quietly left and created a black hole in their economy.

Customs=immigration. Whatever
With the exception of the US and I think Singapore + a few others, all other countries do an exit clearance by an immigration officer or an automated e-gate. There are both pros and cons to both approaches. Although likely in the future with automation exit immigration control will go the way of the passport stamps everywhere.

Last time I entered the US I approached the
"globalprecheck" (or whatever its called) kiosk to place my passport on the reader. It was about 2 years since I had been back to the states. To my suprise, I didn't need to actually place my passport. The system recognized me from just standing there even with a mask on. I checked "no to all" to the 6 questions and I went into through the immigration point. I walked and picked up my bags and went straight out the door to the arrivals terminal. Literally took 15 minutes with all the walking.

The governments facial recognition has become incredible.

Back