Argentina's external debt per person

MilHojas

Registered

They claim it to be 6.31 dollars per person, and at the same time state that the external debt is 284 billion dollars. I think they got confused and accidentally lost three zeros. It should be 6,310 USD per person.

For comparison, US external debt is 58,000 dollars per person and UK external debt is 127,000 per person.

They claim it to be 6.31 dollars per person, and at the same time state that the external debt is 284 billion dollars. I think they got confused and accidentally lost three zeros. It should be 6,310 USD per person.

For comparison, US external debt is 58,000 dollars per person and UK external debt is 127,000 per person.

Thank you for this statistic It shows clearly that those from outside that critisize the argentinian people for overspending need to look into their own backyard first . The UK and USA are actually in worse financial shape than us but due to both these countries ability to have currencies that are internationally accepted as well as the means to print these currencies and not suffer from the effects of hyperinflation and devaluation . The world is grossly unfair imho .

Last edited:
... and not suffer from the effects of hyperinflation and devaluation .

When China artificially devalues yuan to make their products more competitive, it is believed to be a clever economic strategy. And at the same time Argentina somehow always suffers from peso devaluation.

The Argentine peso was pegged to the dollar for a decade before the previous crisis. It didn't stop it from happening.

Thank you for this statistic It shows clearly that those from outside that critisize the argentinian people for overspending need to look into their own backyard first . The UK and USA are actually in worse financial shape than us but due to both these countries ability to have currencies that are internationally accepted as well as the means to print these currencies and not suffer from the effects of hyperinflation and devaluation . The world is grossly unfair imho .

You are surely correct; the world is grossly unfair. The survival of the fittest is unfair. And so beat the challenges of life you must wage a war against what is unfair. And that is done by being the best of the best.

These other countries are actually not in worse financial shape for the moment. Their real assets are their populations and culture, there work ethics, their excellence, and of course, their military might. None of which Argentina can boast.

You puzzle me your lack of understanding Perry hyperinflation and devaluation? Even that is a symptom of your culture, not the fact that you do not print the money. Your K clan did, and that is part of why you are where are as you have been here so many times.

Not even your own citizens are dumb enough to keep money in your banks. That is at the root of the problem and thus your, banking, economy and reserves are like your infrastructure utterly dysfunctional. Fix that problem among others you might find yourselves in a whole other reality. But until your willing to take the pain nothing will change.

The difference between Argentina and other countries is the fuel that drives their cultures. One thing is sure... change it is a constant we shall see.

You are surely correct; the world is grossly unfair. The survival of the fittest is unfair. And so beat the challenges of life you must wage a war against what is unfair. And that is done by being the best of the best.

These other countries are actually not in worse financial shape for the moment. Their real assets are their populations and culture, there work ethics, their excellence, and of course, their military might. None of which Argentina can boast.

You puzzle me your lack of understanding Perry hyperinflation and devaluation? Even that is a symptom of your culture, not the fact that you do not print the money. Your K clan did, and that is part of why you are where are as you have been here so many times.

Not even your own citizens are dumb enough to keep money in your banks. That is at the root of the problem and thus your, banking, economy and reserves are like your infrastructure utterly dysfunctional. Fix that problem among others you might find yourselves in a whole other reality. But until your willing to take the pain nothing will change.

The difference between Argentina and other countries is the fuel that drives their cultures. One thing is sure... change it is a constant we shall see.

I am not Argentinian am a expat just like you born in Australia . What I notice about you is that you need to spend all your time criticizing argentinian people due to feeling guilty about your own country that spends trillions of dollars a year destroying other countries in wars that never solve anything . Not to mention your medical system that is the worlds most expensive and has left millions of people bankrupt and dead due to medical mishaps . Look into your own backyard first and then comment about Argentinian people with such hate and venom .

In regards to people not leaving money in banks . Are you for real? This country has stolen peoples money many times from banks due to massive devaluations etc etc . ONCE AGAIN THE PEOPLE ARE NOT TO BLAME BUT A SHOCKING SYSTEM THAT CREATES BOOMS AND BUSTS AS TO BENEFIT A SMALL ELITE THAT HAVE GREATLY BENEFITED FROM THE FINANCIAL CRASHES.

Argentinian people work longer hours than most people in the west and earn at best 4 times less in us dollars . Due to a corrupt political system for now a long long time the society has been broken . For this reason there is little trust in financial institutions and even between people . This manipulation has been going on for at least 60 years and it will take a massive change in the world for things to improve in Argentina.

80 percent of people in Argentina are just making ends meet and they just want to get to the end of the month with a roof over their head and food on the table . The costs of living for them in pesos are extremely high . They did not choose to live in a hyperinflationary environment , they did not choose to live under governments that squander their futures away incurring debt that never can get paid back . They in the end will suffer while the politicians will go off in the sun and live in Malta . Spain . or Panama without a care in the world . Put your attention in the politicians and the system that manipulates people like sheep being led to a cliff face . Argentinian people are just like USA or European citizens they share the same blood and same values . Unfortunately for most people here the system has been designed to make them fail again and again while the real culprits fly away without a care in the world with their billions hidden in off shore accounts after they have completed their missions .

Last edited:
I am not Argentinian am a expat just like you born in Australia . What I notice about you is that you need to spend all your time criticizing argentinian people due to feeling guilty about your own country that spends trillions of dollars a year destroying other countries in wars that never solve anything . Not to mention your medical system that is the worlds most expensive and has left millions of people bankrupt and dead due to medical mishaps . Look into your own backyard first and then comment about Argentinian people with such hate and venom .

In regards to people not leaving money in banks . Are you for real? This country has stolen peoples money many times from banks due to massive devaluations etc etc . ONCE AGAIN THE PEOPLE ARE NOT TO BLAME BUT A SHOCKING SYSTEM THAT CREATES BOOMS AND BUSTS AS TO BENEFIT A SMALL ELITE THAT HAVE GREATLY BENEFITED FROM THE FINANCIAL CRASHES.

Argentinian people work longer hours than most people in the west and earn at best 4 times less in us dollars . Due to a corrupt political system for now a long long time the society has been broken . For this reason there is little trust in financial institutions and even between people . This manipulation has been going on for at least 60 years and it will take a massive change in the world for things to improve in Argentina.

80 percent of people in Argentina are just making ends meet and they just want to get to the end of the month with a roof over their head and food on the table . The costs of living for them in pesos are extremely high . They did not choose to live in a hyperinflationary environment , they did not choose to live under governments that squander their futures away incurring debt that never can get paid back . They in the end will suffer while the politicians will go off in the sun and live in Malta . Spain . or Panama without a care in the world .

Man your a million miles of the mark your not even close. Argentinians work long hours they take siestas here dude. But keep up the bleeding heart I can see they sold you on their self-made not their fault dilemma.

My back yard is where I think not a country just so you know that.

The cost of living is high for them most of them pool the funds and live the extended family lifestyle. They know how to get by believing me.

80% of the people are just making ends meet. It is a high percentage but not that high.

Just the other day you were telling about all the benefits of Peronismo.

Try not to get so emotional it does not server logic and truth very well.

Man your a million miles of the mark your not even close. Argentinians work long hours they take siestas here dude. But keep up the bleeding heart I can see they sold you on their self-made not their fault dilemma.

My back yard is where I think not a country just so you know that.

The cost of living is high for them most of them pool the funds and live the extended family lifestyle. They know how to get by believing me.

80% of the people are just making ends meet. It is a high percentage but not that high.

Just the other day you were telling about all the benefits of Peronismo.

Try not to get so emotional it does not server logic and truth very well.

I am a capitalist 100% but not savage capitalism as professed by the current government . In regards to your comments about peronismo I never ever support a political brand but I have expressed here my belief that life was much better under the Kirchners . Is that not true ?

There is now close to 40 percent poverty rate in Argentina and close to double that are just making ends meet . 20% live well this is a fact . Of course if you live in the top neighbourhoods of Corrientes or Buenos Aires you will not see this but these neighbourhoods at best are 15% of the city . In Buenos Aires most people live in the conurbano and over 50% earn very low wages . Currently over 60% of young people are working in negro and at best they will get 500 dollars a month . Please read the link for these figures .

Siestas must be in Corrientes and the Northern provinces . It certainly does not happen in Buenos Aires and the southern provinces which form more than 60 percent of the population .

Last edited:
I do not know how old you are or how long you have been down here. But there is a reality that needs to be taken into account and it runs deep.

I do not know how old you are or how long you have been down here. But there is a reality that needs to be taken into account and it runs deep.

You skirt the issues but never get to the substance. i appreciate if you can answer my questions about the unemployment and poverty rates all skyrocketed under this government . Now do not try to sell me the crap that he inherited this from the previous government as any reasonably informed person knows Macri inherited a government with a low debt . In just 4 years he more than doubled a record for Argentina .

Pensador can I ask you where this money has gone over 110 billion dollars ? I appreciate a detailled response as to get a better understanding of Argentinas financial situation .

You skirt the issues but never get to the substance. i appreciate if you can answer my questions about the unemployment and poverty rates all skyrocketed under this government . Now do not try to sell me the crap that he inherited this from the previous government as any reasonably informed person knows Macri inherited a government with a low debt . In just 4 years he more than doubled a record for Argentina .

Pensador can I ask you where this money has gone over 110 billion dollars ? I appreciate a detailled response as to get a better understanding of Argentinas financial situation .

I have not paid much attention in the last 6 months to busy with my work. Going back to Uruguay soon the North Coast is nice this time of year. And I certainly have no more time to spend on due diligence concerning Argentina.

Back