Argentina's Sergio "Kün" Agüero becomes a god in Manchester, England

Napoleon

Registered
Showing that Argentina and England can actually get along, three Argentines started for Manchester City today:

Pablo Zabaleta (Defender) scored goal #1
Carlos Tevez (Forward) instigated a response from an opponent that saw him sent off the pitch with a straight red card.
Sergio "Kün" Aguero (Forward and formerly of Racing) scored goal #3 in the 4th minute of stoppage time to snatch the League Championship from crosstown rival Manchester United and give it to Manchester City for the first time in 44 years!

In an instance, he became a god. He will never be able to buy a meal again in ~half the restaurants in Manchester. ;) (And perhaps will be refused service in the other half.)

Needing two goals in injury time to reverse a 1-2 deficit, someone has spliced the Manchester United/Sunderland game along side the Manchester City/Queens Park Ranger game to show the drama and emotions during the frantic final minutes of the two matches and 10s of thousands of people sent into a state of euphoria from one of Argentina's best exports in years.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=DbymrXHDyIA

Shame Craig Gordon wasn't playing for Sunderland. Well done Man city. I remember when they had kinky kinladze (sp) and ended up relegated down the leagues.

I'm more interested in the coming Scottish cup final Hearts are hopefully going to beat Hibs and make it 110 years for them without the cup.

Also Rangers going bust and being relegated to the third would top it off for me although unfortunately i can see the SPL electing them straight back into the SPL :(

Napoleon said:
Sergio "Kün" Aguero (Forward and formerly of Racing)

He used to play for Independiente not Racing. He's also the youngest player to debut in the Argentine 1st division at 15 years and 35 days breaking the record previously established by his 'now' father-in-law Diego Maradona in 1976.

Napoleon said:
Showing that Argentina and England can actually get along, three Argentines started for Manchester City today:

Pablo Zabaleta (Defender) scored goal #1
Carlos Tevez (Forward) instigated a response from an opponent that saw him sent off the pitch with a straight red card.
Sergio "Kün" Aguero (Forward and formerly of Racing) scored goal #3 in the 4th minute of stoppage time to snatch the League Championship from crosstown rival Manchester United and give it to Manchester City for the first time in 44 years!

In an instance, he became a god. He will never be able to buy a meal again in ~half the restaurants in Manchester. ;) (And perhaps will be refused service in the other half.)

Needing two goals in injury time to reverse a 1-2 deficit, someone has spliced the Manchester United/Sunderland game along side the Manchester City/Queens Park Ranger game to show the drama and emotions during the frantic final minutes of the two matches and 10s of thousands of people sent into a state of euphoria from one of Argentina's best exports in years.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=DbymrXHDyIA
Most exciting finish I've seen since Argentinos Juniors beat Independiente to close in on the tournament trophy two (or was it three ?) years ago.

Wonderful stuff.

scotttswan said:
Also Rangers going bust and being relegated to the third would top it off for me although unfortunately i can see the SPL electing them straight back into the SPL :(

They've got some pretty severe sanctions just now - I'm thinking they're hoping for a Fergus McCann type of miracle.

Of course that means Martin O'Neill, Henrik Larsson and Bobo Baldé or they're equivalents too.

I find only strange that the british media don't write much about Agüero. In any other country he would be considered a hero...in Italy he would have a monument by now. His goal was superb and he showed a lot of conviction going for it...he could have tried to look for a penalty on that last challenge, but he didn't and gave ManC the title.
What's the reason for the scarce interest in him? Could his nationality pla a role?

I find it hard to care about soccer (except for the world cup) but I gotta say that even though I don't understand what the big deal is, scoring two goals in stoppage time(?) and then seeing people's reaction to it looks pretty cool.

Anyway, what really is the big deal? And what's this got to do with Manchester United?

As for building him a monument...uh, isn't that kinda dumb?

Amargo said:
I find only strange that the british media don't write much about Agüero. In any other country he would be considered a hero...in Italy he would have a monument by now. His goal was superb and he showed a lot of conviction going for it...he could have tried to look for a penalty on that last challenge, but he didn't and gave ManC the title.
What's the reason for the scarce interest in him? Could his nationality pla a role?

Thinking that UK people care about Argentina is really being far from reality seriously..

Aguero got an 8 and was elected man of the match by the Sun.
Not sure he gets any special treatment..

nicoenarg said:
I find it hard to care about soccer (except for the world cup) but I gotta say that even though I don't understand what the big deal is, scoring two goals in stoppage time(?) and then seeing people's reaction to it looks pretty cool.

Anyway, what really is the big deal? And what's this got to do with Manchester United?

Well, just consider that his goal gives the title to Man City (and not to Man Utd), which is a big deal for some people.

nicoenarg said:

Why should it be dumb? the first part of your post says it all.

Anyways, Batigol has his own monument in Firenze

Back