Argentine Cat!!!

jojoinba

Registered
Hey expats...

Just a quick question wondering if anyone knows how to get a cat out of Argentina...what kind of process is involved.

I'm looking at leaving next year and I'd like to take her with me...although she was a gift from my now ex boyfriend, I guess leaving her behind wouldn't be too bad....however, I'd like to do all I can first.

I will definitely ask the Canadian embassy how to get her IN to Canada...but does anyone know how I get her OUT of Argentina??

Any help is greatly appreciated!!!!

Thanks!!

jojoinba said:
Hey expats...

Just a quick question wondering if anyone knows how to get a cat out of Argentina...what kind of process is involved.

I'm looking at leaving next year and I'd like to take her with me...although she was a gift from my now ex boyfriend, I guess leaving her behind wouldn't be too bad....however, I'd like to do all I can first.

I will definitely ask the Canadian embassy how to get her IN to Canada...but does anyone know how I get her OUT of Argentina??

Any help is greatly appreciated!!!!

Thanks!!

Leaving her behind wouldn't be too bad? :eek: Um.. yes it would but I'll leave that alone and assume it came out the wrong way.

You need a certificate from SENASA and a vet cert. There are lots of threads dealing with this but it's not a complex process.

citygirl said:
Leaving her behind wouldn't be too bad? :eek: Um.. yes it would but I'll leave that alone and assume it came out the wrong way.

You need a certificate from SENASA and a vet cert. There are lots of threads dealing with this but it's not a complex process.

Haha...you're right! It did come out the wrong way! Obviously I wouldn't be leaving her in Parque Centenario or anything but I would find her a new home with one of my friends...

I'd obviously rather take her with me!

I second 2Guys post, Federico is the best! We consider ourselves lucky to have found him since we use him all time (unfortunately for our pup, but she gets so happy/excited every time he comes by). He's helped us out with the SENASA documents a few times already, just to go to Uruguay though.

I've just sent Federico an email. I'm moving with my 2 cats to Germany in February. I've been in contact with Worldwide dogs and they gave me a quote for $2200 (both cats) which includes all the paperwork, microchipping, carriers etc, however if there's a cheaper way to do it I'd rather get that option! I'm pretty sure they will have to go in the hold. Hoping that I can have them both in the same carrier if I get a larger one so they will have each other but haven't been able to find out if this is possible yet.

Back