Argentine Invasion Of Islands? Britain Increases Force.

sergio

Registered
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/southamerica/falklandislands/11491135/Britain-to-increase-Falklands-garrison.html?WT.mc_id=e_DM7281&WT.tsrc=email&etype=Edi_FAM_New&utm_source=email&utm_medium=Edi_FAM_New_2015_03_24&utm_campaign=DM7281

There is another way; they could strap paratroops to the bottom of the wings of those Saab Grippens that they purchased. Oh, wait ... they didn't actually purchase them?

What's the range of the Buque Francisco? As a benefit they would get to pass through Duty Free and stock up on some last minute items. ;)

Stupidity is obviously contagious. I guess Britain is expecting the Argentine army to take buses to Santiago and from there fly via LAN to Port Stanley. Because today, that is the only way they can get there.

The basis is because of Argentina intentions to buy 12 long range bombers from Russia, which has been rumoured since last Dec.

The basis is because of Argentina intentions to buy 12 long range bombers from Russia, which has been rumoured since last Dec.

I guess they could attach some ropes to the wings and let the troops trapeze in.

It's the torygraph and there is an election coming where it's very likely to be a hung parliament. They're doing everything possible to try and get the Tories votes.

Apparently there are less than 3,000 residents in the Falklands // Malvinas, why doesn't the Argentine Government simply offer them money?

Ok I know that currently they're broke at the moment.

But they could levy a special tax, or at some time in the (better) future wait until they have the funds, or borrow the money.

It's the torygraph and there is an election coming where it's very likely to be a hung parliament. They're doing everything possible to try and get the Tories votes.

plus if you look at the bbc article
http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-32031342

They're building a primary school, better houses, a new dock, sending over 2 Chinooks, installing an enhanced communications and putting in plans to replace the air defense missiles that go out of date at the end of the decade.

Not really an increase in force.

To Capture the Malvinas that would send her off with a Big Bang

Apparently there are less than 3,000 residents in the Falklands // Malvinas, why doesn't the Argentine Government simply offer them money?

Ok I know that currently they're broke at the moment.

But they could levy a special tax, or at some time in the (better) future wait until they have the funds, or borrow the money.

Actually I think half of that 3000 population is military (and sheep).
You`re right about the money, Argentina shouldve offered every islander money they couldnt refuse to vote independence from Britain and then send them cheap wine and beef until they wanted to be part of Argentina. It may have taken a generation but I bet it wouldve worked. But Argentina blew any chance of that after invading the islands, and theyre skint now anyway.

Back