Argentine late night life- Have you adjusted?

Rease

Registered
Before I moved here I woke up at 5:30 every weekday. Granted, I was not in love with that schedule, but I had no issues doing it. I also used to have a hard time sleeping past 9am. I have been an early bird my whole life...and then I moved to Argentina.

The schedules in Argentina are so different. I still get up at 6:30am to work out before work, but on weekends I find myself trying not to sleep through the whole time because I stay out til 6am.

How have you adjusted? I now just expect to lower the blinds and spend half of my saturday sleeping. It is not ideal but I´d rather do that than go in "early" at 3am on a Friday.

I'm a local and I never adjusted to it. When I go out with friends at night, I usually stay until 3 or 4 am, not later than that. When I come back home at that time, many of my friends ask me to stay, or jokingly tell me how boring I am. Sometimes I even come back home at 1 or 2 am. I really love the mornings, and I don't like the thought of waking up at noon without having enjoyed the morning. The thing is, I don't like to go to sleep when there's already sunlight. That's why I also like the winter better than the summer, because in the winter the sun rises later and so I have more time to "go to sleep".

And I have to say I'm not the only local who feels this way.
PS: If there's a very trascendental occasion, I'll make an exception and will go to sleep very late (like a very important wedding party, for example). And of course, I don't complain when that happens, only that I try keep those occasions to the minimum.

Gotta love the afters on wednesday and thursday, you Will be home around 12/1 and still have à great night out

Hate it though that there is nothing going on friday and saturday from 7 to 2

For me its not much of a problem. I worked the dinner shift waiting tables until one or two am sometimes, so I was already on a late schedule when I got here. But it is odd to me to normally eat dinner at 9 or 10 at night and sometimes not until 12.

I've adjusted great - I stopped going out:D In all seriousness, my going out has changed in that I do a lot more dinners and drinks at friend's houses or have them over for dinner & drinks. Even when we do go out, the evenings usually start/end on the early side. If I see 2 a.m., it's a late night for me!

If you go out in a group of friends, you can end at night at 2am anywhere you want to. But when it is just two or three of you, then you're better off going later.

Wherever I go during THE weekend starts at 2,30/3,00, the only exemption begin bars like Gibraltar, alamo, krakow or sugar but they are empty at 11

Exeption is probally Gibraltar, that place is packed from 9 on( happy hour)

There are plenty of locals who are happy to end a night at 2 or 3 am, with the odd 6am thrown in every now and then for a special occasion.

Where do those locals go then? I can name you maybe 2 or 3 places that are any fun from 10 to 2 in capital, all the others start after 2.

House parties also start after 1,2

Back