Argentine Movies--Reviews In English

Dublin2BuenosAires

Registered
It's not groundbreaking, but the format lends itself well to language improvers. I thought Darin was very strong in el secreto, but personal taste.

My favourite might be Historias Minimas, the pooch is the star.

mariposa

Registered
[background=rgb(252, 252, 252)]Buh, I really disliked that one! Miserable unlikeable characters. Couldn't find anything redemptory at all in there.[/background]

exactly my point. that's how good the acting was!!

Crema Americana

Registered
I haven't seen many Argentine movies, but "Un Oso Rojo" was strangely engaging. "Cuento Chino" was portrayed as a comedy in its trailers, but it's more somber than I expected - still a decent movie.

StuckLikeGlue

Registered
One of the first Argentine movies I watched (it's not very hard to understand) was Un argentino en Nueva York ... Francella is hilarious in that one!!

I also have a soft spot for the 90s chick flicks like Alma mia. Or, let's be honest, anything with Pablo Echarri :wub:

Montauk_Project

Registered
This is not a great choice if your Spanish is weak and you want to watch without subtitles, but Nueve Reinas starring Darin is the best crime moviein in Argentine cinema history.

Montauk_Project

Registered
http://filminginargentina.wordpress.com/2013/09/17/wakolda-the-tale-of-those-who-looked-way/

Review in English of the new Puenzo movie, it is getting very good reviews.