Argentine passport airport problems?

thejanitor

Registered
I was unfortunate enough to renew my Argentine passport at the time when the production was transitioning from the police to the national government, and as they used the old template my passport bears a contradiction: it says it expires in 2021 in the biographical page but it says it is valid for 5 years on the next page. From what I've asked the national government issued a decree stating that the page in which it says the duration is of 5 years is "invalid" and what counts is what appears in the biographical page, but I am concerned that when traveling abroad I might have problems with this.

Does any of you know if this might bring me problems? Since I will be leaving for four years on a non-immigrant visa and my visits back won't be long enough to process a passport I need to make sure that the one I have right now will be of use for the rest of my stay. I've asked elsewhere but considering most people here are regular travelers you might be more familiar with this matter.

On another note, for those who know or are Argentines with recently issued passports: are they still using the old templates with the contradiction, or have they updated them? I would be willing to pay the $130 to make a new one just to avoid any potential trouble...

These pics show what I'm talking about
Vti5w.jpg

Akq7t.jpg

Hey dude, are you serious? For what you say, this can be a rather delicate issue right? Do you think it's wise to risk an answer from a stranger to be your guide? What will you say to the immigration person when you come back.... I didn't ask the authorities because someone in BAexpats told me it will all be OK? mmmm

Nobody looks at that page. However, you can ask at the consulate to double cross it like they did in mine with a similar issue:

Correccion.jpg

Hey Dude, You just got free advice on how to deal with this issue from a lawyer who is no stranger on BAexpats, specializes in these issues, and includes his name and url at the bottom of every post he makes. :)

Back