Argentine Passports For Spouses Of Argentine Citizens

Jaredberryman

Registered
When I got my DNI a few years back, it said on a poster at the police station that spouses of Argentine citizens who have permanent residency are able to get an Argentine passport. Does this still hold true? If so, does anyone have any information on getting it done? The whole process for passports has changed, and I'm not sure how it would work now.

Interesting - never heard of that. Best bet is probably to ask someone at migraciones - they do answer emails occasionally :)

When I got my DNI a few years back, it said on a poster at the police station that spouses of Argentine citizens who have permanent residency are able to get an Argentine passport. Does this still hold true? If so, does anyone have any information on getting it done? The whole process for passports has changed, and I'm not sure how it would work now.
Sounds unlikely

If you hold an Argentine passport that makes you a citizen? instant citizenship?

If you hold an Argentine passport that makes you a citizen? instant citizenship?

On the poster, it said that it is only for travel, and you must use it to leave and to come back into the country. Another words, it is not citizenship.

Sounds unlikely
The whole procedure and what you needed to take was on the poster. Basically, the process was the same as for Argentines to get their passport at the time, with a couple of extra documents. I did not do it because I didn't need it at the time, and of course, it would have been time consuming since migraciones took my birth certificate when they gave me my DNI (I couldn't believe this, but they did), so I would either have to ask for a copia legalizada from migraciones or order another one from the US., put the apostille on it, translate it, blah blah blah. I am considering going ahead and doing it now if I still can. Finding out about how it works should be fun. Sigh.

It's a strange text to me (because of my understanding?):
[background=rgb(248, 248, 248)]En el marco de la norma precitada se expedirá el pasaporte en forma conjunta con el DNI a los extranjeros residentes en la REPUBLICA ARGENTINA en los siguientes casos:[/background]

[background=rgb(248, 248, 248)]PASAPORTE PARA EXTRANJEROS (Art. 8 inc. “D” Dto. 261/2011)[/background]

1)[background=rgb(248, 248, 248)] Cónyuge o viudo de ciudadano argentino [/background]

Requisitos

[background=rgb(248, 248, 248)]a) Documento Nacional de Identidad [/background]
[background=rgb(248, 248, 248)]b-- Certificación expedida por la autoridad consular que corresponda a su nacionalidad en la cual conste la pérdida de la misma, o el o los motivos que impiden a dicha autoridad extender pasaporte al interesado.[/background]
[background=rgb(248, 248, 248)]c) Testimonio o certificado de la partida de nacimiento, de matrimonio y de defunción, en su caso, o Libreta de Matrimonio donde conste la inscripción del mismo, sólo cuando el acto se encuentre debidamente inscripto en la República Argentina, o en su defecto testimonio o certificado de la partida de nacimiento y matrimonio extranjeras traducidas al idioma castellano con legalización del Colegio de Traductores; [/background]
[background=rgb(248, 248, 248)]d) Libreta Cívica, o de Enrolamiento o Documento Nacional de Identidad del cónyuge, o carta de ciudadanía del cónyuge, a los efectos de acreditar la nacionalidad argentina del mismo; [/background]
[background=rgb(248, 248, 248)]e) Certificado expedido por la Dirección Nacional de Migraciones que acredite su residencia legal.[/background]

So passport + DNI will be given to residents? DNI will be given to people who can already get one? (residencia precaria, temporaria, permanente allows to get a DNI.) That kind of doesn't compute to me (is residencia permanente implied?)
[background=rgb(248, 248, 248)]- se expedirá el pasaporte en forma conjunta con el DNI a los extranjeros residentes[/background]
[background=rgb(248, 248, 248)]- Certificado expedido por la Dirección Nacional de Migraciones que acredite su residencia legal.[/background]
And given to people who lose their nationality or can't get a passport related to it? (restrictive indeed!)
[background=rgb(248, 248, 248)]* Certificación expedida por la autoridad consular que corresponda a su nacionalidad en la cual conste la pérdida de la misma, o el o los motivos que impiden a dicha autoridad extender pasaporte al interesado.[/background]

There's likely something I'm missing but the reading of it is odd.

Any ideas?

Back