Argentine Pesos For Chilean Pesos

Caashia

Registered
Hi,

does anyone know if you are able to exchange Argentine Pesos at the currency exchange office at Santiago International airport for Chilean Pesos? Will they accept Argentine Pesos?

You are better off exchanging at blue rate here in Argentina. They accept them at the AFEX currency exchange at the airport but the exchange rate is pretty bad.

You are better off exchanging at blue rate here in Argentina. They accept them at the AFEX currency exchange at the airport but the exchange rate is pretty bad.

You mean buy dollars here at the Blue Rate? to exchange in Chile?

In my area they do - but I live relatively close to Chile. Maybe not that easy in Buenos Aires then?

what I was hoping to do was to buy chilean pesos at the official rate so I could exchange them in the US at an official exchange because no currency exchange in the US will take Argentine Pesos, but are you saying buying chilean pesos at the official currency exchange at the airport will exchange them only for blue rate?

You won't be able to buy any foreign currency at the official rate as otherwise arbitrage would be possible, i.e., Argentinians would change their toilet paper to currency X and change currency X to US$ instead of buying US$ directly at the blue rate.

Back