Argentine- US shipping

Alilou

Registered
I'm looking for a shipping service to send wedding invites to my family in the US. I've basically never sent anything from here but I've heard Correo Argentino has the tendency to lose items... We went to DHL and its $50 USD per card, which is ridiculous. It would actually be cheaper for us to deliver in person. Any recommendations or experiences? Thanks in advance...

I got married here two and half years ago and sent several invitations to the US and Europe through Correo Argentino. Everyone got the invitations in about 2-4 weeks.

Send in one package via DHL or like to the states. Have the person receiving them there mail them out via U.S. mail.

I think Gouchobob's is a brilliant suggestion and if you are inviting more than ten guests it is probably cheaper than Correo Argentino too. However, I haven't had a delivery problem with Correo Argentino for years - inbound or outbound and they do issue some beautiful stamps. If I were in your shoes I think I'd want to take all my invites round to a main post office and get some gorgeous estampillas on them as part of the whole presentation thing. Send them "simple" and allow 2-3 weeks for the USA, more for other destinations, then e-mail the prospective guests to check that they have arrived. You could always .PDF anyone who misses out but my guess is that they will all get there.

Hi, i am going home in 18 days, i will gladly take them home and to a post in Portland 47c per! im in microcentral, and way more reliable than the post here which still has not delivered my 25 postcards from october 6... so if you are interested pm me!

Thanks for all the input... we shipped everything together to my parents via DHL. (although I would have preferred that everything had pretty Argentine stamps, it just wasn't worth the cost!)

Back