Argentine With Offshore Accounts

doubleup_dan

Registered
In Argentina if you have multiple visa credit or debit cards you can go to their website and mange them.

Does anyone know if you have a card on an international account will it appear in Argentina on the VISA system?

Thanks

There is no general Visa system, the card is for each bank/company and you can only access your account online through their websites. If you have 3 Visas with 3 different companies/banks you would have to login to each of the 3 different websites to manage each account.

MC has a local line to assist VIP Card holders for Travel, Insurance, medical, luggage, car rental insurance, etc.

There is no general Visa system, the card is for each bank/company and you can only access your account online through their websites. If you have 3 Visas with 3 different companies/banks you would have to login to each of the 3 different websites to manage each account.

My other half has credit and debit cards with different backs in Argentina, she logs in all the time to here visa.com.ar account and ALL of her cards with every bank are on this account. What she is worried about is if she gets a debit card for an offshore account it will come up here and then the afip will wnt to tax her on it.

I have hear on the radio that people with offshore accounts using their cards inside Argentina get found out.

Pretty sure not.

This is what I think but she is worried to do it.

If you use it here to purchase in shops by swiping then possibly yes. Here's why. The data on the card is sent via the central bank through to the visa system. What is sent? The mag strip has the following:

The credit card's magnetic stripe contains three tracks of data. Each track is about one-tenth of an inch wide. The first and second tracks in the magnetic stripe are encoded with information about the cardholder's account, such as their credit card number, full name, the card's expiration date and the country code.

If you make online purchases where the txn is processed os then it's unlikely.

Visas issued in Argentina should appear through this network: http://www.visa.com.ar. Visas issued by foreign banks would not be there for sure.

Back