Argentine women 18-22 relationship wise...

trojans1290

Registered
Hey guys,

I am a 21 yr old college student and I have just got done with my travels to Argentina for a month. I am an Argentine american. 50/50. I love it there, and am planning on studying there next year for 6-7 months. I hate to be this descriptive in what I want, but I WANT an argentine girlfriend/wife. I am only 21, but I fell in love with quite a few of my cousins girlfriends, and hate the way many american girls are. Especially where I live.

Anyways,

I am an Argentine citizen, and an United States citizen. I already found out many girls are very interested once I open a conversation. I also, have a bunch of family in BA that can and will introduce me to girls when I go back, no problem.

Not very good at Spanish though. Can't hold a convo. Need to practice more.

Pretty much, I am in a very good position to meet girls in BA. What I am wondering is, ill only be staying down there for 6-7 months, and Im not sure if that is LONG ENOUGH? I still need to graduate college, and still have another year and a half.

Is 6-7 months long enough to have a good time in BA, and meet some girls for potential relationships? I want to go back ASAP. Planning on Jan-July or August.

Any advice for me would be appreciated, I love this forum. Everyone is very helpful. and I love BA!

Hard to say how much time is long enough. I met my wife 3 days after arriving to BA. I wasn't even looking for a girlfriend at the time though.

RichardP said:
Hard to say how much time is long enough. I met my wife 3 days after arriving to BA. I wasn't even looking for a girlfriend at the time though.

How and where did you meet her? Speak spanish? Are you living in BA now with her? or did you move back to the US?

Hi Trojans 1290, you'll do fine here with girls. The 50/50 Argentine-American split is the best place to be. If your Spanish isn't operational, just go to the Expat places and events and girls there will want to speak English. Oh god, some girl is going to fall all over herself to teach castillano to the Argentine-Yanqui.

I won't get into the "hysterica" stereotype about Argentine women, because I don't think it's true. Instead, if you're dating in a foreign country, just make sure you know who you're dealing with and what you're getting into. It takes a long time to read people in another culture. I don't know how many dudes I've met whose story begins, "My ex-wife is Argentine, and I come down one month a year to see my kid." If you're already "Falling in Love" with your cousin's girlfriends, at age 21, that could be your story too.

Oh yeah, don't get too drunk and dress a little spiffy like the locals.

HeyBA said:
Hi Trojans 1290, you'll do fine here with girls. The 50/50 Argentine-American split is the best place to be. If your Spanish isn't operational, just go to the Expat places and events and girls there will want to speak English. Oh god, some girl is going to fall all over herself to teach castillano to the Argentine-Yanqui.

I won't get into the "hysterica" stereotype about Argentine women, because I don't think it's true. Instead, if you're dating in a foreign country, just make sure you know who you're dealing with and what you're getting into. It takes a long time to read people in another culture. I don't know how many dudes I've met whose story begins, "My ex-wife is Argentine, and I come down one month a year to see my kid." If you're already "Falling in Love" with your cousin's girlfriends, at age 21, that could be your story too.

Oh yeah, don't get too drunk and dress a little spiffy like the locals.

Right on, yea thanks for the response. I have talked to plenty of cute girls, gotten a few phone numbers. But nothing came from it, prob. because I met them in a bar and said I was only staying for a few weeks. Well next year is when ill be prepared a little more.

trojans1290 said:
Hey guys,

I am a 21 yr old college student and I have just got done with my travels to Argentina for a month. I am an Argentine american. 50/50. I love it there, and am planning on studying there next year for 6-7 months. I hate to be this descriptive in what I want, but I WANT an argentine girlfriend/wife. I am only 21, but I fell in love with quite a few of my cousins girlfriends, and hate the way many american girls are. Especially where I live.

Anyways,

I am an Argentine citizen, and an United States citizen. I already found out many girls are very interested once I open a conversation. I also, have a bunch of family in BA that can and will introduce me to girls when I go back, no problem.

Not very good at Spanish though. Can't hold a convo. Need to practice more.

Pretty much, I am in a very good position to meet girls in BA. What I am wondering is, ill only be staying down there for 6-7 months, and Im not sure if that is LONG ENOUGH? I still need to graduate college, and still have another year and a half.

Is 6-7 months long enough to have a good time in BA, and meet some girls for potential relationships? I want to go back ASAP. Planning on Jan-July or August.

Any advice for me would be appreciated, I love this forum. Everyone is very helpful. and I love BA!

You speak unusual English for somebody not being able to hold a conversation in Spanish.

trojans1290 said:
How and where did you meet her? Speak spanish? Are you living in BA now with her? or did you move back to the US?

I spoke OK Spanish at the time, but she was a student of English so we managed to communicate. She worked as a waitress in a cafe that I used to frequent. We ended up returning to the US, but spend time in BA almost every year.

Ah, youth.

You'll be OK meeting girls here, just don't try too hard. Find your way into a network of expats that includes locals and just go from there. If you expect to find a bride within six months, you're setting yourself up for disappointment when things don't go as planned. (Don't say anything about planning to stay for only six months, you'll be slamming the door shut.)

And I wouldn't be too hell-bent about necessarily finding a local novia. I admit I had similar fantasies about Argentine girls when I arrived last year. Since then I've dated a Peruvian and a Brazilian as well as an Argentine. No luck yet. At this rate I may soon find American girls exotic again...

Back