Argentines can't afford beef

The only restaurants full are the tourist ones in Palermo , Barrio Norte , and Puerto Madero . The hamburger restos some are still doing well but the run of the mill restaurants are running low on clients . From 2005 to 2012 restaurants were full everywhere as there was more disposable income .

The prices have gone up a lot in pesos the last month especially tourist restaurants . Don Julio now is minimum 700 pesos for a good quality steak and with a salad and covercharge its around 1200 pesos or US$ 35 . Still a terrific meal and much cheaper for this quality than anywhere else worldwide .

The only restaurants full are the tourist ones in Palermo , Barrio Norte , and Puerto Madero . The hamburger restos some are still doing well but the run of the mill restaurants are running low on clients . From 2005 to 2012 restaurants were full everywhere as there was more disposable income .

The prices have gone up a lot in pesos the last month especially tourist restaurants . Don Julio now is minimum 700 pesos for a good quality steak and with a salad and covercharge its around 1200 pesos or US$ 35 . Still a terrific meal and much cheaper for this quality than anywhere else worldwide .
I go to a cheap but nice parrilla close to my g¿home,its allways packed with people.Good places allways have customers.Sorry,i dont belive in k propaganda

Well, up here in the north with the wife 2 people, best wine best meat and desert around $50 in the best places. And damn the meat is good my God. And the wine to.

inthenorth.PNG

But to be honest we never order two plates it is just to much to eat. So we have appetizer, main plate to share, a salad, wine and desert. I could never eat the portions they put out they are just to big. That is a ribs (costilla) main plate more than enough for two. So in my thinking that level of meat and wine at that price it is well worth it and still a bargain. But up here there is no middle class just the haves and the have nothing. So I see no drop in eating out in the places I eat. I am sure it very different in BA.

But what I do is interesting. Seems like all of sudden every other house is selling something from vegetables to fast food to go. So it seems they are trying to compensate for what is going down. Drugs usage is up and crime in excellerating at the same time.

I go to a cheap but nice parrilla close to my g¿home,its allways packed with people.Good places allways have customers.Sorry,i dont belive in k propaganda

Propaganda is not speaking the truth . Do you honestly believe that there is more disposable money now than in the k era ?
People did live much better under the Kirchners and restaurants were packed everywhere . In Palermo Soho new restaurants were opening weekly now it seems like there is one new restaurant every three months . The only new enterprises are hamburger shops and pubs and many are going under as this market is saturated .

But to be honest we never order two plates it is just to much to eat. So we have appetizer, main plate to share, a salad, wine and desert. I could never eat the portions they put out they are just to big. That is a ribs (costilla) main plate more than enough for two. So in my thinking that level of meat and wine at that price it is well worth it and still a bargain. But up here there is no middle class just the haves and the have nothing. So I see no drop in eating out in the places I eat. I am sure it very different in BA.

But what I do is interesting. Seems like all of sudden every other house is selling something from vegetables to fast food to go. So it seems they are trying to compensate for what is going down. Drugs usage is up and crime in excellerating at the same time.

The Don julio's $700 peso, 600 grs. steak has no resemblance to the costilla meat shown in your pics, so must readjust the price upwards quite a lot.. IMMO.

however Rutini is a Great Wine...cheers

Last edited:
The Don julio's $700 peso, 600 grs. steak has no resemblance to the costilla meat shown in your pics, so must readjust the price upwards quite a lot.. IMMO.

however Rutini is a Great Wine...cheers

I would rather have the steak, my wife is a fanatic over costilla and so I eat costilla. I have no idea why but Correntinos are set on a very small group of foods they like, not all but many. Makes for a short list of various restaurants. One sushi place and it is not worth it I could go on.

Rutini is great and for the price you cannot beat it compared comparable wines in the states. IMO

Here is the menu from last night. How do the prices compare with BA at this time I am just curious.

menu.PNG

The Prices in your Menu seem Very reasonable....!

A Question what would be a good American Wine? and what are the current prices?

Back