Argentinian criminal record check question

yabasta

Registered
I remember reading a few very helpful threads quite a while back about getting an antecedents police report in Buenos Aires, where to go, making an appointment, time to do so, where it was, etc., but no matter what search words I use, I cannot find it. Can anyone help with either finding those threads or providing the information again.

The thing I liked about the threads was the direct experience. People said watch out for this, or go here, etc.

Any help would be appreciated.

I think what you are looking for is registro nacional de reincidencias. It is located at Piedras 115, near Avenida de Mayo.

You need to make the appointment on line or go to an store located across the street from Piedras 115, where they make the appointment on line and charge you around ARS$ 5.

as for the criminal record i can say:
35pesos it is. no appointment needed and you only need to bring your passport along, they scan your fingerprints and about a week later you can pick it up. can even be a friend, who picks it up for you. its valid for about 3month.

lexilein said:
as for the criminal record i can say:
35pesos it is. no appointment needed and you only need to bring your passport along, they scan your fingerprints and about a week later you can pick it up. can even be a friend, who picks it up for you. its valid for about 3month.

Unless something changed recently, an appointment is necessary at Piedras 115. If you "walk in" without an appointment you will be told to call a toll free # to make one. This happened to me the last time I needed the report. I went to the nearest locutorio and made the appointment. I had enough time for a coffee while I waited. I think the cost for next day service was a bit over 40 pesos.

If you go to lavalle between talcahuano and Uruguay there is a place where you can go without an appointment. It is open until 1 more or less.
Regards

sorry, i mixed it up with something else perhapsg, the others are absolutly right, you need an appointment, but we came in earlier and it was not of a problem at all. sorry, for the wrong information.
cheers

You're looking for this website -- http://www.dnrec.jus.gov.ar/

It lists all of the places you can go for your antecedentes and tells you whether or not you need turnos at each place. The one bajo_cero suggested is the one at the top of the list Tucuman -- it's where I went, pretty quick and no turno needed. You go in get a number, pay at the caja, wait for your number to be called, they'll take digital fingerprints and then depending on if you paid for 24h, 48h or 1 week turn around, you come back at the required time, go to the desk and they'll print out your report on demand.

You just need your passport.

Thanks to all of you. You are all very helpful. I am grateful for this forum!:)

You can also do it at the migraciones office and choose when to pick it up, 8 h, 24 h, 48, etc. No appointment necessary.

Back