Argentinian Peso 3.20 to the USD Today

MJK said:
Maybe the dollar will have less worth after this 700 billion dollar government bailout? I am no economist but i imagine that a sudden cash injection into the system of 700 billion dollars would have a similar effect to those certain countries that endlessly print out money leading them to hyperinflation. . . .
The economic theory appears to be that the US$700,000,000,000.00 (plus or minus) is to replace money already destroyed by the collapses of housing prices and stock-market levels. A specious theory, I think, but there, in a nutshell, it is.

Bars of gold.
Worn round the neck, BA Baracus styleeee.

RWS said:
The economic theory appears to be that the US$700,000,000,000.00 (plus or minus) is to replace money already destroyed by the collapses of housing prices and stock-market levels. A specious theory, I think, but there, in a nutshell, it is.
Yes but I was thinking of it in that there will be an additional 700 billion dollars in circulation in the system

jp, I just saw the A team on the Retro channel the other day, funny you mentioned that.

I vividly remember someone in here in the not so very distant past said that the dollar will go as low as 2.60 for a peso. Remember when the dollar was 3.24 to every peso a few months ago?Well....

I wonder what the line of thinking is now? Strange how the value of the Arg. peso is going down if the US dollar is ALSO going down. (scratching head here)?!

I've just read Terry Pratcett's Making Money. Is he the new economics advisor to the American government?
(By the way he has alzhiemers)

Before I get accused of being anti American again I should point to Gordon Brown's £700 billion buy out.
Where on earth is this coming from? I know I am not an economist, but by my reconning, that is £1400 for every man woman and child in Great Britain.
I do not know the exact figures, but taking in people on social security, children, pensioners and dolies, I recon only half the country will pay this bill that means £2800 each.
Taken that average wage is £25000 and average tax allowance is about £4000 that puts 46p on the basic tax rate.

Back