Argentinians don't swaddle babies. Why?

It’s above 90 degrees, maybe??? (Kidding, of course, kinda)

Actually seems like a good point. I'm dying with this weather

Because they are not of the California, granola mindset.

Last edited:
Actually, having had both my kids born in California, and eating granola, I can tell you that we just let our babies wear board shorts.
Swaddling is an age old European thing, traces back to the Greeks and Romans, and is mentioned in the bible. Not a hippie thing at all.

But it too damn hot here.

Actually, having had both my kids born in California, and eating granola, I can tell you that we just let our babies wear board shorts.
Swaddling is an age old European thing, traces back to the Greeks and Romans, and is mentioned in the bible. Not a hippie thing at all.

But it too damn hot here.
I'm talking about a whole different granola generation, one that's way over protective and can't stand to be separated from their children, taking even babies to public events where they have no business being, like movies, concerts, etc. Those are the kind of parents that would resurrect that ancient practice.

Why couldn't they do it here in winter, if the issue is purely one of temperature?

Some babies like to be free, my daughter liked her blanket to barely touch her, born in August ( Seattle ), my son liked to be swaddled tight, born in November ( Seattle ) Parents have no say, just do what keeps the babies happy.
N

The Beyond the Fringe comedy group in the UK had a hilarious routine about swaddling.
Wish I could recall it, but one of the lines was that a baby couldln't bear to be swaddled.
Guess you had to be there.

Back