Argenzuela ranks 46 in latest UN Human Development Index

Renzi

Registered
"In terms of Latin America, Argentina is above the average (0.766) and is second in the regional ranking below Chile, which occupies position 43 (with a value of 0.851). It is followed by Uruguay, in position 55 (with a value of 0.817)."

Just as long as we stay ahead of our arch-nemesis Haiti! I guess we are, for now.

Does Joe Public take any notice of these sort of published figures?
They mean sod all to me.

Does Joe Public take any notice of these sort of published figures?
They mean sod all to me.

Joe Public? No. Mostly academics. However they are helpful for anyone contemplating "expatting" to a particular country. I found it particularly interesting that Ireland has jumped up to #2, putting it virtually level with Switzerland.

Joe Public? No. Mostly academics. However they are helpful for anyone contemplating "expatting" to a particular country. I found it particularly interesting that Ireland has jumped up to #2, putting it virtually level with Switzerland.

I assume you mean the Irish Republic.

I’m not much on scholarly stats, preferring to see things for myself. Last year at this time, we spent a few mos in Western Europe, landing in Dublin and then through Scandinavia, Germany and ending up in Switzerland.

What we noticed in every major city, from Dublin to Oslo, Stockholm, Geneva, was some variation of this: "Ireland has a hate crime problem and its legislation is not fit to deal with it" https://edition.cnn.com/2019/10/13/europe/ireland-hate-crimes-intl/index.html

And the immigration/refugee numbers that feed such feelings are only increasing. I always take these sorts of things into consideration.

The HDI, which is supposed to measure among other things standards of living, is clearly flawed because it doesn't incorporate cloudy weather

I’m not much on scholarly stats, preferring to see things for myself. Last year at this time, we spent a few mos in Western Europe, landing in Dublin and then through Scandinavia, Germany and ending up in Switzerland.

What we noticed in every major city, from Dublin to Oslo, Stockholm, Geneva, was some variation of this: "Ireland has a hate crime problem and its legislation is not fit to deal with it" https://edition.cnn.com/2019/10/13/europe/ireland-hate-crimes-intl/index.html

And the immigration/refugee numbers that feed such feelings are only increasing. I always take these sorts of things into consideration.

Back