Argenzuela ranks 46 in latest UN Human Development Index

That is very nice, congrats Argentina. Too bad that when looking at the report, the section on "poverty" is marked with N.A.s. I mean, I am sure all other countries in the region would look better in the rankings if they conveniently omitted their data on poverty too.

Because you, as a Brazilian, have so much room to criticize on the subject of poverty?

El burro hablando de orejas.

Because you, as a Brazilian, have so much room to criticize on the subject of poverty?

Interesting, so you are the one issuing permits of who can and cannot criticize Argentina's IDH ranking and how it is measured? Good to know.

Interesting, so you are the one issuing permits of who can and cannot criticize Argentina's IDH ranking and how it is measured? Good to know.

No, I am the one pointing out your shameless hypocrisy.

I live in Argentina. Do you?

I assume you mean the Irish Republic.
Yes, Poblacht na hÉireann. The six occupied counties in the north are included in the UK's ranking, which is 13th, and falling.

Point of Information: the official name of the country is "Éire" (pronounced "air-ah") in the first official language of the country, Irish Gaelic, or "Ireland" in English, the country's second official language. Although the 1937 Irish constitution is a classic republican document in every way, the word Phoblacht/Republic doesn't appear even once. On passports and all official documents, the country is simply "Éire/Ireland". The country was declared a republic by an act of the Irish parliament in 1948, and sports teams go under the name "Republic of Ireland" to distinguish the state from Northern Ireland. What is never used is the term "Irish Republic", as this was what was declared in the Easter rebellion of 1916. According to the Irish republican credo, this term can't be used until it can be applied to the whole island.

"Ireland has a hate crime problem and its legislation is not fit to deal with it"

Actually, despite massive immigration (12.7% of the population were born abroad), far-right parties have yet to gain any real footing. The largest far-right force, the Irish National Party/An Páirtí Náisiúnta, got 0.7% of the vote at the last election - well below the European average. Inevitably this will rise though.

There's no doubt that prosperity has brought a crime problem with it. The country is awash with cocaine, with its attendant gangs and turf wars. I'm told even quiet country towns have become whacked-out mean streets on market days, as farmers hustle for their weekly hit.

For people interested in these things, the coming decade will be momentous for Ireland. Tectonic demographic and economic shifts, combined with the impending implosion of the UK as a result of Brexit, makes the unification of Ireland more a probability than a possibility. It's up to us Irish to manage it smoothly without triumphalism. In my view, through a Swiss-style federal constitution and a ditching of all the old symbols.

Back