Arnet's bandwidth today - anyone else having problems?

nativexpat

Registered
I am using skype to communicate with my boss in Europe but all of a sudden the conversation goes mute --- I've had interference and other problems before but not like this....

This is something that I would like your help on. I typically get 2 Mega downlaod and 0.2 Mega upload from Arnet, and when I call my family in the States from Skype they have problems understanding me. Could you go to www.speedtest.net and tell me what speeds you´re getting? I need to find out if the problem is skype or my internet!

We're having problems today and the lady across the table from me is "pretty sure" that we're using Arnet. However, we are not talking to your boss in Europe, so we don't know if we can blame it on anyone or anything else.

sam3g said:
This is something that I would like your help on. I typically get 2 Mega downlaod and 0.2 Mega upload from Arnet, and when I call my family in the States from Skype they have problems understanding me. Could you go to www.speedtest.net and tell me what speeds you´re getting? I need to find out if the problem is skype or my internet!

Well, I just did it:

PING: 24 ms
DOWNLOAD: 2.57
UPLOAD: 0.16

http://www.speedtest.net/result/1546139703.png

-----

Anyway, my boss confirmed it's his problem, we could not communicate on vonage either and his cell phone reception was awful too (he is in the Netherlands).

Called a coworker in Spain and had a perfect conversation over Skype with her...

sam3g said:

Back