Arriving in 2 weeks

weissbr

Registered
My wife and I, and our 2 dogs, will be arriving in 2
weeks for an almost 3 month stay.

We spent 3 months in BA in 2007 and loved it.
If we enjoy it as much this time we will try and
buy a part time residence.

My wife's Spanish is very good, mine is abysmal,
I'm trying a beginner's course on line now.

Would like to try to be in touch with other expats.
We're renting in 2 places: Recoleta & Palermo.
Hoping to try and learn a bit of tango

Our permanent home is San Francisco.

Hello everybody.

Barry & Rita

Welcome to Buenos Aires and baexpats, look this site for meetings.

live in palermo; bought a place here a few years back. Spend my time between NY, Boulder and here. Feel free to check in when you arrive, we'll meet for a cafe...i live on libertador and salguero...see ya, safe travels
PS I am very active and like to row or kayak in the delta (tigre), bike ride, run, etc. I usually take a few trips out of town as well, and like to share my experiences with others. piped in with some music scenes here. My youngest son, 24, is studying medicine here, almost done! and that is one of the reasons i stay here all summer, til april or may. I have a friend who does days in the tigre, at her home, and i can lead you to her. Love the art scene here and also do a lot of museums...
avid reader, if you like to read, you're best getting a kindle as it is not easy to get a huge amount of english books, and they are not very cheap...anyway, that's all

Thanks for your message lunalili,
Will definitely check in when we arrive and would love to meet for a cafe.
We are staying on Liberatador near the Bullrich Shopping Center and
later mocing to Liberatador and Colonel Diaz

I am not able to send you a private message. I think you need to go to the top of the page and, at the main menu, click on Quick Links or User CP, once there search for private message and click on it.

And welcome to Buenos Aires!!!

weissbr said:
Thanks for your message lunalili,
Will definitely check in when we arrive and would love to meet for a cafe.
We are staying on Liberatador near the Bullrich Shopping Center and
later mocing to Liberatador and Colonel Diaz

that is all right around my neighborhood. looking forward to meeting you!

Roxana said:
I am not able to send you a private message. I think you need to go to the top of the page and, at the main menu, click on Quick Links or User CP, once there search for private message and click on it.

And welcome to Buenos Aires!!!

Hi Roxana,

Thank you for your message. I have now enabled private
messages and you should be able to send me one. I'm not
that good with computers. Look forward to hearing from you.

Barry

lunalili, I'm checking in now to meet at a cafe.
You can't get private messages on this site; I
have enabled them.
Why don't you send me a PM with a phone and/or
email and we'll connect.

Barry Weiss

Hi Barry,

I run a free walking and colectivo (public bus) tour of Buenos Aires which you may find a useful way to orient yourself and learn how the public transport system works as well as getting to see some interesting parts of town. We meet at Plaza Italia every day (Mon-Sat) at 11am, would be great to have you along!

More details here: http://www.buenosaireslocaltours.com/index.php/the-tour/

I'm interested in your tours. Just want to verify that you will be there this week (Week of October 1). Not sure if I can get away since I have painters here every day but they say they will finish today (Lunes--haha, we shall see!) We have been in touch before I think. Are you the people who do the tour by the embassies in Ricoleta? If not, doesn't matter, I'll look for them as well. I saw the embassies from a bus once and thought then, some time I want to walk this street.

Back