Arriving Wednesday April 27th from California!

Sean-Ryan McCray

Registered
Hi everyone,

I'm flying into BsAs from San Diego, California in just over a week! (Living in Palermo) I wanted to post a thread and see if anyone had any last minute advice on things to bring... I'm packing warm layered clothing (and jackets), a camera, my new Macbook Pro, my iPhone, etc. but was wondering if there is anything that the average traveler (I'll be there for months) wouldn't know to bring.

Also, if anyone is in serious need of anything from CA that I can bring you please PM me and we can see if something can be worked out!

Thanks for your help everyone! Have a great week!

I 2nd the sheets. Good high thread count sheets are a lot cheaper in the U.S.

We´ve been back and forth a lot so here are some items I usually bring from the states...
-A good multivitamin like Centrum
-Extra shoes. Especially if you run. Cleats if you think you´ll join a soccer league.
- Adapters/Converters
- A good pocket dictionary and verb book.
- Pen drives
- If you like to hike and plan to be in some cold weather at some point bring your North Face or equivalent stuff from home.
-Pocket knife (in checked luggage), if you have one.

My husband always gets extra business cards from the U.S. They are much cheaper for better quality cards.

Sean-Ryan McCray said:
Hi everyone,

I'm flying into BsAs from San Diego, California in just over a week! (Living in Palermo) I wanted to post a thread and see if anyone had any last minute advice on things to bring... I'm packing warm layered clothing (and jackets), a camera, my new Macbook Pro, my iPhone, etc. but was wondering if there is anything that the average traveler (I'll be there for months) wouldn't know to bring.

Also, if anyone is in serious need of anything from CA that I can bring you please PM me and we can see if something can be worked out!

Thanks for your help everyone! Have a great week!

• If you're into your hair, I'd bring all of those products here. I bought a year supply of hairwax and hairspray before I left in December. The only hairspray I've ever seen here (Roby) is just ... Blah. You might as well toss sugar water into your hair.
  • Also, if you're particular about your deodorant, I'd bring that as well.
  • If you ever have a need for KY, I'd buy a decent supply of that as well because it's expensive here. :eek: I use it for my hearing aid...
  • If you like drinking coffee, stock up on your favorite kind at home. The stuff here is vile. Even Folgers is better. I'm an international coffee trafficker :) :
    sbt4d1.jpg

Welcome to the Jungle!

sheets, coffee, dictionary and spare laptop ? meh
bring more than 1 box of raincoats, I personally recommend you the ultra thin lubricated ones from trojan (silver box) :)

edit: Dennisr I brought with me a model 17 in 9mm on this last trip, easy as pie you only need to declare it pay a fee and fill out a form...

I agree with sheets and small electronics.
If you are a cook, even a simple one, bring spices and salad dressing.
Enjoy the country!

A pitcher water purifier with enough filters for your stay. Good for the environment because you won't need to buy as many plastic bottles of water ... as well as saving money and not having to drag water bottles back from the market.

Joe said:
A pitcher water purifier with enough filters for your stay. Good for the environment because you won't need to buy as many plastic bottles of water ... as well as saving money and not having to drag water bottles back from the market.

Have people been able to use the water filter that attach to the faucet on Argentine faucets?

Back