Artists: Where can I buy Sculpey?

Samuel87

Registered
Are there any art stores here in B.A. that would have Sculpey III or similar polymer clay?

I haven't search for sculpty either, but there are a whole lot of people here who make dolls and the faces are some sort of plastic modeling clay. Start with any of the art stores and ask around. I can't recommend a specific one as I don't know where you are.

Speaking of art supplies, has anyone seen places where you can buy Tintenkuli technical drawing pens?
these were called Rapidographs in the USA, and sold under the Kohinoor name, but many were actually manufactured in Argentina, either as Rotring, or Tintenkuli Stylographs- they are pens that draw very precise lines, but look and fill like fountain pens.

I know about the really fancy pen store on Defensa on San Telmo- where his prices can easily hit $1000 US for some pens.

But I am on the lookout for older technical drawing pens that are argentine- I guess mostly I will check out the flea markets, and mercado libre, but if anyone sees these anywhere, post it.

I spent a good ten years in the late 60's thru late 70's with one or two rapidographs always in my pocket, till I tired of the incessant cleaning and upkeep, but I miss em- they are great sketching pens for small drawings. I have a few old american ones, but I want some of the mythical Argentine models.

There is a paper store at Serrano and Honduras (right off the plaza) that sells technical drawing pencils. I'm not sure if they're exactly what you're looking for, but the ones that I looked at (refillable and look like fountain pens) were between AR$400-600 or so.

Back