Artnet SMTP Settings

jkreisler

Registered
Does anybody know the SMTP settings for Artnet. I have an employee that has Artnet and works from home. Arnet seems to be blocking port 25 for outgoing email. I need to find out Artnet's generic SMTP setting so I can configure his email on my domain to send outgoing messages from his Arnet connection.

Thanks.

jkreisler said:
Does anybody know the SMTP settings for Artnet. I have an employee that has Artnet and works from home. Arnet seems to be blocking port 25 for outgoing email. I need to find out Artnet's generic SMTP setting so I can configure his email on my domain to send outgoing messages from his Arnet connection.

Thanks.

Don't know specifically about Arnet, but seems strange that the modem itself would block ports. I'm not an expert on internet equipment and modems and routers - just a lowly programmer who has had to deal with this crap a bit here and there.

I have TelViso which is ADSL. They supply a wireless router in addition to the modem. Is it possible it's a wireless router issue? If so, you COULD go down and buy a cheap Linksys router and use it in place of theirs (that's what I did - TelViso's router was some off brand and looked to be about 10 years old). With the router you should then be able to unblock whatever you need.

Your problem is probably that you cannot access the router itself if it's theirs, maybe?

SMTP might be working fine, it might be that it only relays emails from the same network address range (IP's), thats if i understand you correctly.

I'm pretty sure it's an issue with the actual SMTP setting. I'm trying to set up the email through outlook. The POP incoming setting works fine. But Arnet seems to be rejecting the mail.myserver.com for the outgoing mail. I'm trying to use port 25 which is the default port. I did a google search and it seems that Artnet does indeed block port 25, but of course, these threads don't give a solution.

I know some of the ISP providers in the states do this. With SBC I have to change my outgoing server setting to smtp.sbcglobal.net to send outgoing mail. I'm wondering if Artnet has a similar default SMTP address you are supposed to use for outgoing mail.

Thanks again for any advice.

We have ARNET at home and yes, they block port 25 by default to mitigate spam. Lots of ISPs do block port 25 these days.

He can sign on to his ARNET online account, and then unblock SMTP port 25. If he does not have his account logon information, he can call customer service and get it.

The alternative is for your mail server provider (ie, work or ISP) to give you (or him) an alternative port (e.g., 2525) on their mail server (if they have one available).

Good luck! :)

Back