Asfcomex: International Move/estafador

Status
Not open for further replies.

SarahAnn

Registered
Wondering if anyone has had an international move (ex Argentina) handled by a company called ASFCOMEX ?
Warning: this company is run by a con artist called Carlos Albamonte. An older guy, he seems very helpful and friendly.
His scam is to take your money (US$ cash, naturally) and then wait til you leave the country. The goods are never shipped.
My husband, who is Argentine, is still in BA trying to get the problem sorted out, 4 months down the track.
If anyone has experience with this type of scam, or knows a commercial lawyer who might be able to help, please pm me.
Moral of the story - beware of ASFCOMEX.jpgArgentine based companies for international moves and try to pay only 50% prior to the goods going on board.
Cheers, Sarah

Wondering if anyone has had an international move (ex Argentina) handled by a company called ASFCOMEX ?
Warning: this company is run by a con artist called Carlos Albamonte. An older guy, he seems very helpful and friendly.
His scam is to take your money (US$ cash, naturally) and then wait til you leave the country. The goods are never shipped.
My husband, who is Argentine, is still in BA trying to get the problem sorted out, 4 months down the track.
If anyone has experience with this type of scam, or knows a commercial lawyer who might be able to help, please pm me.
Moral of the story - beware of View attachment 4640Argentine based companies for international moves and try to pay only 50% prior to the goods going on board.
Cheers, Sarah
I m sorry to hear about this :( How did you run into this company? Referral? Their prices were crazy cheap? Trying to understand how they work.

I always recommend Andreani. http://www.andreani.com/
I used them when I made the big move here. I didn't even have to go to customs.
They took care of everything. That's a good thing.
It was recommended to me by a local friend.

Moral of the story - beware of View attachment 4640Argentine based companies for international moves and try to pay only 50% prior to the goods going on board.
Cheers, Sarah

Kudos to you, Sarah, for naming names. I wish more around here were so informative in their warnings.

I always recommend Andreani. http://www.andreani.com/
I used them when I made the big move here. I didn't even have to go to customs.
They took care of everything. That's a good thing.
It was recommended to me by a local friend.
Hi - thanks for the comment. I thought Andreani is a postal service. Do they do household moves, as in furniture on ships? We are trying to find a reliable firm but its always difficult in Argentina, especially as our shipment is supposed to go to Australia.

I m sorry to hear about this :( How did you run into this company? Referral? Their prices were crazy cheap? Trying to understand how they work.
I went on some website where you ask for quotes and took one of them. Its difficult, Argentina is full of rip off artists. I am struggling to find a shipping firm that has a decent reputation. The goods, meanwhile, still stuck in Buenos Aires and I will probably have to travel from Australia to Argentina to restart the process. I am so over Argentina.

I went on some website where you ask for quotes and took one of them. Its difficult, Argentina is full of rip off artists. I am struggling to find a shipping firm that has a decent reputation. The goods, meanwhile, still stuck in Buenos Aires and I will probably have to travel from Australia to Argentina to restart the process. I am so over Argentina.
Ugh that sounds like a nightmare :( I can give you the contact of a dear friend, he owns and intl shipping company, I am not sure whether he works with Australia specifically, but he should be able to point you in the right direction or give you advice on how to deal with this mess at least.

Hi - thanks for the comment. I thought Andreani is a postal service. Do they do household moves, as in furniture on ships? We are trying to find a reliable firm but its always difficult in Argentina, especially as our shipment is supposed to go to Australia.
Yes they do household moves. I moved here from NYC. It came by boat. I had two large commercial bin type boxes.
With most of my "stuff". Everything arrived untouched and in one piece. Recommended.

Would it be possible to give me a contact in Buenos Aires for the person with whom you dealt? When I go online, the Andreani website doesn't say much about house moves. If someone in Buenos Aires knows about this service, I can quickly check if they cover Australia. Thanks in advance.

Hi Nikad, yes, please let me know the name and contact details of your friend. We are completely bamboozled and until this mess is sorted out, my husband can't come to Australia.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back