ATM changes

Anna3313

Registered
Has anyone else noticed that you're only allowed to withdraw $4000 pesos per transaction now, with a cap of $8000 per day at Banelco machines? Just Monday the limit was $8500 per transaction, cap of $17000. Do you think this is the norm now?

Undoubtedly it is. The transaction fees are also increasing and will increase more
as the dollar moves. The banks will say they need to keep their charges on par
with the changes in value of the peso. So what's new.

Just Monday the limit was $8500 per transaction

Wow, I actually never saw this. Banelco is Sandater Rio ATM? I`ve tried there few monthes ago and it was 4000 limit with sucha a comission that I skipped.

Wow, I actually never saw this. Banelco is Sandater Rio ATM? I`ve tried there few monthes ago and it was 4000 limit with sucha a comission that I skipped.
Yeah, the last few months at all the ATMs near me on Callao in Recoleta (Santander/HSBC included) the limits were $8500 per transaction, maximum two transactions per day. I assumed this was because of the inflation they were allowing more because folks need more to purchase anything now. They've just switched over to $4000 two transaction cap today. I know USD cash is the only way to survive but sadly I only have a limited amount of it to bring back with me and only visit the US once a year, if that. So, impossible to bring enough to last me a whole year or more.

Best for you to use zoom or money transfer services
I was using Xoom and Western Union but they ended up screwing up a transfer royally and they need all kinds of paperwork if you withdraw from them regularly. I'm in the process of beginning to 'normalize" my immigration status here which will hopefully work out so I can part-time time job, earn in pesos and have a proper bank account and get the influx of USD from freelancing from time to time. I live a very very simple life. I don't need that much per month to live honestly but I also don't want to shell out $100USD in fees each month. I've started using my credit card a bit more which has been helping a bit.

I was using Xoom and Western Union but they ended up screwing up a transfer royally and they need all kinds of paperwork if you withdraw from them regularly. I'm in the process of beginning to 'normalize" my immigration status here which will hopefully work out so I can part-time time job, earn in pesos and have a proper bank account and get the influx of USD from freelancing from time to time. I live a very very simple life. I don't need that much per month to live honestly but I also don't want to shell out $100USD in fees each month. I've started using my credit card a bit more which has been helping a bit.

I know your pain.
Hate to give pessimistic ideas, but DNI is not fast to receive, and until then you will face all the same problems...

I use Western Union every month. Never had a problem.

Back