ATM changes

They asked me for a full ID info and legal adress etc. And I`m not comfortable sharing it with third parties.
I get my money for the month via Western Union. With my passport. Doesn't bother me a bit. And I get my money for a $2.99 fee. No ATM charges, no worries about the ATMs running out of cash.

I know your pain.
Hate to give pessimistic ideas, but DNI is not fast to receive, and until then you will face all the same problems...
No problem, it's the reality of living here. I feel very fortunate to be here despite my irregular status to be honest. I just truly love this country despite it all so I'm hoping that in a few years it'll normalize. Until then I'll use these insane ATM machines and when I go back to the US stock up on bills and exchange for a few months. I don't see another way, sadly.

I get my money for the month via Western Union. With my passport. Doesn't bother me a bit. And I get my money for a $2.99 fee. No ATM charges, no worries about the ATMs running out of cash.
Do they check your passport? Im here right now on an overstayed VISA as I was told to overstay rather than do VISA runs. The last time I was at Western Union they checked the last stamp in my passport book. So, never went back after I went passed the 90 days as to not be on any sort of radar.

Do they check your passport? Im here right now on an overstayed VISA as I was told to overstay rather than do VISA runs. The last time I was at Western Union they checked the last stamp in my passport book. So, never went back after I went passed the 90 days as to not be on any sort of radar.
I have a DNI. But they never look at the entry stamps. Not once.

Has anyone else noticed that you're only allowed to withdraw $4000 pesos per transaction now, with a cap of $8000 per day at Banelco machines?
No "cap of $8000 per day" at the HSBC branch in the commercial area of Caballito. This morning at 9:06am I made (2) ATM withdrawals for a grand total of $10000 pesos. I used my US Schwab debit card which will reimburse the foreign transaction fee of $600 pesos per each withdrawal.

I'm getting 12000 in 3 x 4000 peso withdrawals, being charged 360 pesos per withdrawal at Banco Ciudad (Link). Some ATMs work for me, some don't, I have no idea why... the one in Carranza station has never worked for me, the one in Olleros station does, and of the 2 new ATMs on the corner of Cabildo and Olleros, the left-hand one doesn't work, while the right-hand one does. Oh well...

I'm getting 12000 in 3 x 4000 peso withdrawals, being charged 360 pesos per withdrawal at Banco Ciudad (Link). Some ATMs work for me, some don't, I have no idea why... the one in Carranza station has never worked for me, the one in Olleros station does, and of the 2 new ATMs on the corner of Cabildo and Olleros, the left-hand one doesn't work, while the right-hand one does. Oh well...
Same for me, I get 12,000 out of some machines and then not others. Who knows but I guess it has to do with if the machines have been updated or not. It should just be a software update to allow more money to be taken out.

I was able to do 3x4000 but they wanted 600 pesos charge with each transaction so I opted not to. This seems to be a new change near me...just Monday all ATMs in my area were allowing 8500 two transactions with a fee of 380. They changed all of them this week in my area so it seems they've updated their software but not to allow more, but less cash and higher fees. haha Oh well, sign of things to come I suppose. I'll just have to try to get some dollars next year when I get back to the States.

Could it have to do with whether the machine you're using currently has enough 500 peso notes? If it only has 100 peso notes, and you request 10,000, this requires 100 bills (100 x 100 = 10000). It may be the case that 100 notes is physically too many to fit in the money slot. Just a guess.

Could it have to do with whether the machine you're using currently has enough 500 peso notes? If it only has 100 peso notes, and you request 10,000, this requires 100 bills (100 x 100 = 10000). It may be the case that 100 notes is physically too many to fit in the money slot. Just a guess.
No, it will only send out 40 notes at a time anyway. So, if it only has 100 notes and you take out 12,000, you have to do three transactions. If there are 500 bills then it will send out the full amount in one go. Problem is you never know until the first try.

Back