ATM changes

Well now its true.. tomorrow foreign currency controls

I get my money for the month via Western Union. With my passport. Doesn't bother me a bit. And I get my money for a $2.99 fee. No ATM charges, no worries about the ATMs running out of cash.
Where does the money come from, a foreign bank? (obviously, i suppose). How does it transfer from a bank to Western Union in the foreign country? What do you get from Western Union in Argentina - Cash, Argentine Pesos? USDs? Sorry, totally unfamiliar and planning to live there temporarily.

So I think those above that stated it depends on whether the machine has 500 bills or not were correct. Last week they were dispensing only 100 bills and that was when they were only allowing 3 transactions at 4000 pesos each, 600 peso fee each time. Today, while three banks were completely out of cash at noon, the last bank I tried once again gave me 8500, twice...all 500 notes. Just luck of the draw and persistence I suppose.

Anna is your story just to annoy us .. jejej... I just got 4000' with a 600 peso fee. My friend got $4500 from Link at a cost of $387.. Goddammit

Anna is your story just to annoy us .. jejej... I just got 4000' with a 600 peso fee. My friend got $4500 from Link at a cost of $387.. Goddammit
not at all. I think I was just glad it won't always be 4000 with that 600 fee. The 387 fee is the one to be jealous of. My next trip back home I suppose I'll have to sell some items and get cold hard USD to change. Because yeah....my bank charges $5 each transaction as well. I don't have enough cash to open one of those fancy accounts that reimburse you on foreign transactions yet. haha

I pulled ARS$8000 all in 500s from an ATM at EZE on Monday with no hassles or waiting from the HSBC ATMs. Fee was ARS$590. There was a huge line of Argentines at at the Banco National ATMs and nobody at HSBC. Exchange rate from Schwab was ARS$56.83 per USD.

Back