Atm Fees Up?

d.gray

Registered
I just withdrew some cash from an ATM (Santander Rio) and the fee has gone up from $105 to $175! Ouch. Is this the same for everyone?

Close to 9 % on a $2000 peso extraction... :eek: :eek: :eek: Plus the fee from your bank for an international extraction. UNLESS YOU HAVE A CARD WITH NO FEES... YES

I do not think we will ever escape the banks or government here from ripping us off they keep it up might just go to URU once a month and get my money there. And then use cards here as much as possible.

yeah i checked this out and as you say 176 pesos, how in the name of $#@% can that be justified?

Wife just made some withdraws this is for real Chistiana was stealing 30% with the cambio I guess they found another way to steal our money. Banksters need termination nothing would please me more.

Banks acting as thieves as they wish - they know tourists cannot do anything or make any noise so they have no issues making fees go up at whatever % they wish. Over a 50% increase - nothing to see here...

Strangely my neighbor in URU was one of the owners of Banco Patagonia seemed like a nice guy I would like beat his ass right about now. They always cry about persecution while they just rape the rest of us.

Banks acting as thieves as they wish - they know tourists cannot do anything or make any noise so they have no issues making fees go up at whatever % they wish. Over a 50% increase - nothing to see here...

Just another reason why tourists from North America aren't going down to Buenos Aires much these days. It's expensive to fly down there. Heck, you can fly to Europe from both Coasts (East and West) for under $500 these days while going down to BA is super expensive. Then when you get there you have to put up with things like this. And to make matters worse you can't even withdraw that much in each transaction.

Just another reason why tourists from North America aren't going down to Buenos Aires much these days. It's expensive to fly down there. Heck, you can fly to Europe from both Coasts (East and West) for under $500 these days while going down to BA is super expensive. Then when you get there you have to put up with things like this. And to make matters worse you can't even withdraw that much in each transaction.
They are their own worst enemy - rather rip people off short term than build confidence and repeat customers.. Not so smart but the current mentality. Screw or be screwed as they say.

Back