Atm Fees

Somewhereinba

Registered
Are there any ATM's that don't charge ridiculous fees to withdraw cash? I have a Citibank account and the last time I used an ATM here I remember being charged upwards of $4-5 for every withdrawal which is daylight robbery. What is the current situation now that foreign currency has opened up? I imagine the banks will be jumping for joy now with increases revenues from ATM fees for essentially doing nothing.

Try this card
https://www.deutscheskonto.org/en/dkb/cards/
No atm fees in Argentina!

Try this card
https://www.deutsche...g/en/dkb/cards/
No atm fees in Argentina!

I never heard about it, so I read the article you linked, and then the card's page www.dkb.de/privatkunden/dkb_cash. I don't speak German, so I am using google translate and I cannot figure out a sentence in the QA.
Third question, about how to verify your identity. Last line: Wir bitten um Ihr Verständnis, dass zurzeit für einige Länder die Legitimation nur mittels PostIdent in Deutschland anerkannt wird.
I open the country list and Italy is not there (that's my only citizenship, but I am a resident of Argentina, which is on the list). Could I open this or not?
How do you fund the card?
What other documents are required? Proof of residency, income, else?

For the listed countries, the verification process cannot be made using a foreign bank or lawyer, but needs to be done using PostIdent, which is an identification method used in Germany where you go to any post office with your ID and they check if the data on the form and your ID match and send it to the bank. Not sure if the country is the country of residence or the citizenship though.
You can fund the cards via regular bank transfers.
The typical process is that you just send the application form, but they might ask for other documents which are typically the ones you mentioned (proof of residency and current income statement).

@[background=rgb(230, 230, 230)]Serafina[/background]
This is what I understood: what is needed are copies of your currently valid registration card, your residence permit (* I did not see it stated specifically, but I think this means EU residence permit for non-EU/third-nation citizens with EU residence permit) or (* it says 'or' not 'and', which is interesting) your current proof of income.Here is the form for the proof of ID. If you are outside Germany/Austria, and in one of these countries, if I understood correctly, only Postident in Germany certifies the proof of ID form. Again, if I understood correctly, for EU citizens and third nation residents who live in Germany/Austria, proof of ID is done by Postident, and if a place of residence for EU citizen/resident in other EU member state,a lawyer *can* certify this proof of ID form.

Outside Germany,
you go easy with the following documents to a lawyer or to a local bank:
  • Form Identification
  • a valid identity card or
  • a passport and a recent proof of residence
You put the lawyer or an employee of your bank before the form for identification. The lawyer or bank employee fills out the form for you. Check the information in the identification form and afford you in the presence of the employee your signature. The completed form will send the lawyer or the bank directly to the DKB. Should this arise costs, these have to be borne by you.
Before you consult a lawyer, we recommend you by phone to clarify whether there is a legitimacy test can be performed. We ask for your understanding that at present for some countries, the legitimacy is recognized only by Postident in Germany.

Within Germany and Austria
In order to use your account quickly, you legitimize within the next 14 days to your current card. You have the choice between two methods - of course are both free of charge. Online legitimacy via video Ident

• You need: an Internet connection, a webcam, your current identity card or passport and a reference number that we send you in an e-mail directly after the completion of the account application.
  • What to do: personal data by computer, mobile phone or tablet with ourpartners WebID capture.
  • Then only: start video, legitimize online and confirm your entries with a TAN received via SMS or e-mail.
Or alternatively:
Go easy with the following documents to a branch of Deutsche Post AG of your choice:
  • the PostIdent Coupon to determine the identity,
  • a valid identity card or
  • a passport and a recent proof of residence
In a branch of your choice, you put a Deutsche Post employees before the PostIdent coupon and your valid legitimation document. The employee fills out the Postident for you. Then, you must (after verification of the particulars in Postident) provide your signature only in his presence. The finished sheet sends the German post directly to the DKB. Of course, you incur no costs for this.

Is this mas o menos what you understood as well?

I have a Citibank account and the last time I used an ATM here I remember being charged upwards of $4-5 for every withdrawal which is daylight robbery. .

Recently, I got "ra&ed" by Chase bank. Was able to withdraw 1000 usd worth of cash in a local currency in a single attempt. Guess how much Chase charged me?

45 USD!

5 usd in "non chase transaction"

and 40 usd in conversion fees"

I am flabbergasted!

Recently, I got "ra&ed" by Chase bank. Was able to withdraw 1000 usd worth of cash in a local currency in a single attempt. Guess how much Chase charged me?

45 USD!

5 usd in "non chase transaction"

and 40 usd in conversion fees"

I am flabbergasted!

Wow you extracted $1000 USD in local currency, in one attempt, say around $13,000 pesos, can you mention the bank and or system.... Banelco, Lynk, other

Back