ATM Limits and Best Banks. LOST

bradlik

Registered
Hi Guys,

I am looking for clarification on ATM fees here and limits of withdrawals. The forum states you can withdraw ARS$1000 at a time. i seem to only be able to withdraw ARS$950 at a time?

Also, where can you withdraw US$? They say you can but it never allows me....?

Also, I read you can go into a bank here with my card from Australia and my passport and withdraw a larger amount at once, if so where?
Thanks for your help

Citi.

You can't get USD from a foreign account.

Does your bank have offices here?

my bank is an australian bank, not here CBA. Ok so i cant get US$. But what is the limit here at ATMs?

Maximum withdrawal amounts change all the time without notice - they are different in different banks, and even in different branches of the same bank. So, welcome to the other side of the looking glass.

Last week CityBank was dispensing twenty-five hundred pesos a pop; now it's back to seven hundred pesos maximum. It's anyone's guess what's going to be next week.

According to last week's papers, this week banks will be closed for two days - I believe it was Wednesday and Thursday. Has anyone heard anything about this strike?

SaraSara said:
Last week CityBank was dispensing twenty-five hundred pesos a pop; now it's back to seven hundred pesos maximum. It's anyone's guess what's going to be next week.

By City do you mean Citi? because if so I got out 2000 pesos today.

Yeah, usually I get 2500 out, but I needed to move some money around today so only got 2000.

I learned about citi here on this site, i figured it was common knowledge

the limit depends on

1. your daily limit of your card
2. the place where you go here in argentina

if your day limit is for example 1000 usd, then at certain banelcos, you can get =/- ARS3600 per day. Not in all. The way to figure that out is to try, and try, and try. It does not depend on the bank where the ATM is. You can get it at for example at the ATM of one santander bank, but not from the santander bank in the next street. There is no logic in it.

If you need more money then your daily limit, you can go to the counter in a superveille bank. You need your pasport then. And a lot of time.:cool:

ATMs vary in what they offer. The fees seem to be very standard. I have never been able to get more than 1,000 pesos. If it will give it to me in smaller increments, I always request 990 pesos for the small bills. Several ATMs offer dollars as an option but never have them available. Do you have an American Express card?

Back