Atm Withdrawal Limits Increased ...12/19/16

60+ pesos? I'd like to know where you go! I am charged 90+ pesos. But at least with the limit doubled, it just got half as expensive to take money out. I'll take that as a good first step...

60+ pesos? I'd like to know where you go! I am charged 90+ pesos. But at least with the limit doubled, it just got half as expensive to take money out. I'll take that as a good first step...
I lost track a few years ago - you are of course correct it is up to 90+ pesos. I'm still yet to read how they can get away with this shit except all banks are acting as a cartel.

If you can open a bank account with Schwab (a high yield investor checking account) in the U.S., they will reimburse ATM fees.

If the ATM withdrawal limit is increased to $5,000.00, perhaps the banks will increase their fees, also?

Well, I just checked and 5000 pesos is about 330 usd at the current exchange rates ATM fee would be around 3.75 usd. If you Xoom the same amount the fee is close to 7 usd...

Well, I just checked and 5000 pesos is about 330 usd at the current exchange rates ATM fee would be around 3.75 usd. If you Xoom the same amount the fee is close to 7 usd...
What was your ATM fee - I seem to remember it being closer to 90 pesos for international cards?

I just used my Schwab Visa card at a BBVA atm. They would not give me 5000p.

I took 2400 and they charged me a 96p fee.

Schwab charged my account $158.11usd for 2496p. They will refund the atm fee at the end of the month.

So they gave me 2496p for $158.11 or $15.78:1

The ambito.com informal sale rate is 16.58:1 so if my math is right Schwab was not generous.

But lets wait for Rich One to correct my math.

Back