Atms With High Withdrawal Limits

Goku2000

Registered
I have been from buenos aires for a while. I see that now 500 peso notes come out of the ATM, but so far my experience with the HSBC ATM in the airport is that the maximum withdrawal is still 2400 pesos. Asking a few argentines it seems that 2400-3000 is the highest that exist.

Does anyone know any ATMs that have a higher withdrawal rate?

No, so far $2400 pesos is the max amount I can obtain at EACH individual withdrawal. I use Banco Santander Rio, Banco Galicia, Banco Frances and HSBC. Also don't know of any ATM that gives $3000 pesos.

I've taken out $3500 at Banco Galicia in a single withdrawal. It was too many bills at once. It felt to me like I was at the point of getting some bills stuck in the mechanism. I would only take out $3000 next time. I think 40 bills is the theoretical maximum.

I've taken out $3500 at Banco Galicia in a single withdrawal. It was too many bills at once. It felt to me like I was at the point of getting some bills stuck in the mechanism. I would only take out $3000 next time. I think 40 bills is the theoretical maximum.

Do you have an account with Banco Galicia..?? Customers have higher limits. In some ATMs $3500 is not an option..?

I am only able to take out 2000something pesos, with a maximum of 5,000some pesos per day.

However, these limits apply only to each network. So, you can take out 5,000 at Banelco ATMs (most private banks), and another 5,000 at Link ATMs (Banco Nación, Banco Provincia, etc.)

I've been to different Banks of Galicia and others and can't get more than 2,400 each time.

Using a non argentine card in banelco machines I can usually withdraw 2400 although some individual machines differ ... but I can use the card twice in succession, so, I can get up to 4800 at a time.

these days the foreign credits are working really well. I strongly suggest to use yr credit cards for maximum payments and be conservative with the cash exchange transactions. I am using my credit card ( foreign) all the time

Using a non argentine card in banelco machines I can usually withdraw 2400 although some individual machines differ ... but I can use the card twice in succession, so, I can get up to 4800 at a time.

My experience as well. And if you need another 4,800, go to a Link ATM.

Charges on ATM are excessive..??

In my XP there is the $91 peso local charge plus a total of US$7 from the US bank ($US 2 extra for international) so its about
$91 + $105 pesos = $196

(196 /2400) x 100 = 8.1 % ?

Back