Aussie looking for Australian Rules Football

ricnfurter

Registered
Hi, we've been here for only a month, and really really want to watch the AFL grand final next weekend. There was a similar post on this site 2 years ago. Does anyone know of a bar with the right kind of cable to show such a thing, or is anyone having a 3am parrilla next weekend with a football and an amazing tv? Or perhaps something on the sunday.

elalancito

Registered
I suggest you look for the game on the internet using a source such as Justin.tv or equivelent service. I have my own problems trying to find hockey (ice) around here (lol).

M

mellowshipslinky

also keen to check out the game, hopefully a bar is going to show it

magpies2011

Registered
i have a subscription to the AFL-live website so i can stream it. but i only have a macbook pro to watch it on. if there's no bars showing it, i am happy to provide access if someone has a big TV to plug it into

magpies2011

Registered
i had a chat to the casabar - they're happy to show the game, but they close at 4... the game will finish after 4. they yankee cat said that if we get enough people (ie 10+) drinking beers etc. he will stay open. so the question is, how many are we?

M

mellowshipslinky

we are 4

sorry , which bar are you referring to, Casabar or Yankee Cat? Can't say I've heard of the latter

MichaelG

Registered
It was on last year at a bar really close to casabar, but not casabar. I cant remember but it was either on the same street or like 2 minutes walk away, max.

They also showed the whole thing because we were there drinking for ages after it finished. Someone should know the place