Aussie Tourist Shot Dead In Mendoza By Motochorro

nikad

Registered
http://www.infobae.com/2014/04/28/1560480-motochorros-asesinaron-un-turista-australiano-mendoza

He tried to resist being robbed and these motochorros shot him while he was on the floor... :(

Speechless.

I wondered reading this what I would do in such a situation (I have been pointed at twice by a gun here), and it really depends what you have on you.
Being a tourist, Nicholas Heyward (RIP) obviously had his most valued belongings in the bag (passport, credit cards, cell, camera + the photos taken, etc.).

I don't see the point of posting these awful stories here. Unless it's of special relevance or meant to warn us about a new M.O. or something, it's just morbid. I'm happier not knowing about these stories. There's nothing we can do either way.

Speechless.

I wondered reading this what I would do in such a situation (I have been pointed at twice by a gun here), and it really depends what you have on you.
Being a tourist, Nicholas Heyward (RIP) obviously had his most valued belongings in the bag (passport, credit cards, cell, camera + the photos taken, etc.).
It is such a horrible thing that it left me speechless too. Dying like this and far from home. Resisting these a****s seems to be the worst strategy - some people have been shot even after handing everything to them. Just be careful out there, no item, no money is worth it.

I don't see the point of posting these awful stories here. Unless it's of special relevance or meant to warn us about a new M.O. or something, it's just morbid. I'm happier not knowing about these stories. There's nothing we can do either way.
A lot of people that join this forum are actually visiting for a month or so, despite the expat nature of the forum. My intention is to warn these visitors that as much as there are pick pocketers just like in every large city in the world, when a guy on a bike robs you, he is generally armed.

A lot of people that join this forum are actually visiting for a month or so, despite the expat nature of the forum. My intention is to warn these visitors that as much as there are pick pocketers just like in every large city in the world, when a guy on a bike robs you, he is generally armed.

OK. You might be right. I still hate reading about innocent people dying like that.

It is important to know that these things do not just happen in BsAs city suburbs but also in other provinces. As a matter of fact, I have recently read of more cases happening in places like Salta, Cordoba, Bariloche, etc than in BA city.

Do not think anyone can predict how they will react any given day. Given the right circumstances, could be anyone of us. Rolling over and giving it up was not in the poor bugger's DNA this day. Sad state of affairs for everyone.

If they don't have a gun you can bet they have a knife. A knife is a useful tool of the trade when cutting the strap of a shoulder bag that the victim is clinging to....and can cut more than just the strap.

Back