Australia To Argentina Money Transfer

RandomS

Registered
Hello everyone.

Is there any way to transfer money from Australia to Argentina, besides Western Union?

Western Union only allows payment with credit/debit card and cash pick-up (peso) in such scenario. When card is used, the fee is roughly $165.92 AUD for $3500 AUD transferred. That seems quite high. And we are expecting this transfer every month.

Direct online bank transfer is not possible either, because my Australian friend could not find Argentina in the list of countries in his ANZ bank account.

Ideally, I am looking for something that can be done online and doesn't require either party (sender or receiver) to go to the agent office. If that is not possible, at least the sending part has to be done online.

Any input?

Thanks in advance.

Thank you so much for your responses!

Do you use this service? How many days does it take usually to get the peso in Argentine bank with this method?

Yes, quite a few times. It used to take between 3 to 5 days working days for everything to be cleared.

However, we lately we just do bank to bank transfers, now that you can get USD in your USD account.

You can buy bitcoin with aud then sell your bitcoin for argentine pesos (ars).

Buy bitcoin easily with coinbase and then sell bitcoin on any of the buyers google "sell bitcoin in argentina"

Yes, quite a few times. It used to take between 3 to 5 days working days for everything to be cleared.

However, we lately we just do bank to bank transfers, now that you can get USD in your USD account.
Is this a bank in Australia to Argentina USD>USD transfer? What are the fees associated with it and any issues encountered receiving the money here.

Is this a bank in Australia to Argentina USD>USD transfer? What are the fees associated with it and any issues encountered receiving the money here.

We do bank to bank transfers from ANZ New Zealand to our bank here, NZD (converted to USD) to USD. I guess it would be exactly the same from Australia.
As long as we can prove the source of the funds, there is no issue. The fees are manageable, there is an online calculator in the ANZ website which will tell you exactly how much fees you'll have to pay before confirming the transaction.

We do bank to bank transfers from ANZ New Zealand to our bank here, NZD (converted to USD) to USD. I guess it would be exactly the same from Australia.
As long as we can prove the source of the funds, there is no issue. The fees are manageable, there is an online calculator in the ANZ website which will tell you exactly how much fees you'll have to pay before confirming the transaction.
When you receive the funds in Argentina what documents do you have to provide to the bank and are there any fees associated with receiving the money in your Argentine USD account?. I know about the outward fees ANZ charges. I think previously the Argentine central bank would automatically convert inward USD transfers to pesos - I guess this changed. Thanks

When you receive the funds in Argentina what documents do you have to provide to the bank and are there any fees associated with receiving the money in your Argentine USD account?. I know about the outward fees ANZ charges. I think previously the Argentine central bank would automatically convert inward USD transfers to pesos - I guess this changed. Thanks

That would depend on the bank and your personal situation, but essentially you have to prove that the funds come from a legal source.
We operate with Banco Galicia and their COMEX division is quite helpful so I'd recommend contacting them. ICBC and Santander have good references too.

Back