Australian tourist stabbed in Recoleta neighborhood.

D.B. Cooper

Registered
A 65 y/o Australian tourist was stabbed in the Recoleta neighborhood of Buenos Aires within 24 hours after landing here with his wife.
This happened just over the weekend. He is in critical condition currently being treated at Hospital Fernandez. The suspect involved in the stabbing has not been caught.

Australian Tourist Stabbed in Front of Facultad de Derecho in Recoleta

It happened Saturday at 7:10. While doing physical activity in the parks near the Recoleta Law School, an Australian tourist identified as Terrence Bulmer was stabbed. According to the version that reached police sources, a man threatened him with a knife and tried to take away his belongings. Then he attacked him, wounded him in the chest area and fled.

What do we learn from these numerous Attacks on tourists..? assailants assume tourists are loaded and are easy targets?

1. Don't look/act like a tourist
  2. Hand your valuables without resistance
  3. Try not to be alone on empty streets,@ 7AM
  4. No place is safe

"My friends and I (my brother and 2 Argentines) were having mates when 2 ladrones came at us with a knife and a pistol. I did not see the pistol, but the knife was clear when my brother tried to escape it. We knew most AR robberies are nonviolent and generally want just money and valuables, therefore we should have simply capitulated. Unfortunately, I have many years of martial arts training which I put to use going Ip Man on them to free my brother and friend from the robbers. Unfortunately, as I freed my brother from being stabbed (he was lacerated on his thigh), my bag was snatched by the other thief, who proceeded to run...and be chased by me. None of my friends' property was stolen, thankfully. Somewhere in the quarrel, I took a stab wound which the kind-if somewhat hesitant-student at hospital de clinicas stitched up for free and without any documentation whatsoever (which will also scar horribly-my bad for not understanding how and where to use insurance."

Two people had some sort of knife wound so did I miss something later where the phone was only taken?

a. Be aware of your surroundings, everything and everybody.
b. Keep your distance, way beyond your personal space. Google Tueler Drill
c. Trust your instincts. If it doesn´t feel right, run away from it.
d. Don´t be there when SHTF, learn from it in the News.
e. Be the Opponent. See yourself as the other sees you. Think like a hunter and evaluate if your behaviour makes you appear to be an easy target.
f. Nothing you own is more precious than your life or the ones with you. If they got the drop on you it´s too late to react. Just comply and hope for the best.

Iz

"My friends and I (my brother and 2 Argentines) were having mates when 2 ladrones came at us with a knife and a pistol. I did not see the pistol, but the knife was clear when my brother tried to escape it. We knew most AR robberies are nonviolent and generally want just money and valuables, therefore we should have simply capitulated. Unfortunately, I have many years of martial arts training which I put to use going Ip Man on them to free my brother and friend from the robbers. Unfortunately, as I freed my brother from being stabbed (he was lacerated on his thigh), my bag was snatched by the other thief, who proceeded to run...and be chased by me. None of my friends' property was stolen, thankfully. Somewhere in the quarrel, I took a stab wound which the kind-if somewhat hesitant-student at hospital de clinicas stitched up for free and without any documentation whatsoever (which will also scar horribly-my bad for not understanding how and where to use insurance."

Two people had some sort of knife wound so did I miss something later where the phone was only taken?

You didn't see the pistol...! Luckily you survived...!.

Back