Auto Leasing

expat2014

Registered
I am interested in leasing or renting an auto in Buenos Aires for 8 to 12 months. Does anyone have information on long term car rental? My Google search has not turned up much so I wonder if it is possible to do this in Argentina? If possible, what should we expect to pay? I would very much appreciate any resources or referrals provided. Thank you!

wouldnt be easier to buy it and then sell it? I believe the rent a car agencies charge you in dollars per day (!) so for that long I would buy it and then sell it. Of course if you can.

I would be amazed if such a thing existed.
When I have rented cars, they told me that its such an alien concept to Argentines that there are only a few thousand rental cars in the entire country.
The idea of leasing cars is predicated on companies paying for it- because, in the USA, and the UK, where its popular, its usually much more expensive than outright purchasing the same car- it is usually only desirable when someone else is paying.

Since cars to begin with are usually quite expensive in Argentina, and hold their value well, and since credit is fiendishly expensive, the idea of borrowing money (leasing) at extortionate rates that could change monthly just isnt very popular here.

Its vaguely possible that a handful of large multinationals with offices in BsAs could have some sort of special deal with somebody like Dietrich to do a few leases- but you can bet they are complicated, expensive, and require lawyers.

Auto leasing means sence if you have too much income tax to deduct only.

Cash purchase of an Automobile vs financing vs leasing.

The cheapest method is cash purchase a 100% done and owning it out right.

The financed option is take a 100 % puchase price- minus-down payment-divide-by-financing length + interest then owning it .

The leased one is: take capital cost-minus-the residual depretiation factor add monthly tax plus or included then buy it later
has to add lease factor ( interest ) all depending if the lease was set as "open as opposed to "closed lease.

Cash rules anywhere even the most in Argentina !

Back