Aviation School

gregcito

Registered
Hello, my boyfriend is a passionate pilot, who holds a UK licence for CESSNA 172. We will be in buenos Aires this summer and I would like to gift him a couple hours of flying for his birthday in august. Anyone can help me on how to go about this? Aviation schools that speak English? That will accept a UK licence? Totally not my world... Thanks !

Hello, my boyfriend is a passionate pilot, who holds a UK licence for CESSNA 172. We will be in buenos Aires this summer and I would like to gift him a couple hours of flying for his birthday in august. Anyone can help me on how to go about this? Aviation schools that speak English? That will accept a UK licence? Totally not my world... Thanks !
I looked into flying schools a long time back for my son. If you search for "Aeropuerto Moron" in Google Maps, you'll see a bunch of flying schools pop up. It's a bit out of the way, unfortunately. San Fernando airport to the north of BA looks to have some schools, but it's more tourist-orientated, with flights over the delta (very nice). I don't have answers for your other questions, sorry, but I hope I've given you a starting point.

a veeeery long time ago I was a licensed pilot, flew Cessna's 152 and 172's...most "aeroclubs" and pilot schools in Argentina will have one, the other, or both, or a Piper Tomahawk...

However, I doubt they will just rent one to a newcomer, licensed or not...there is also the issue of BsAs being a crowded air space, where you have to periodically check in with the different control towers...

probably a good option would be a "vuelo de baustimo" where you fly along a local pilot...in a double command Cessna 172 he may even get the controls (I guess that would depend on the pilot)

sooo...search for "aeroclubs" offering "vuelo de bautismo"...I just did that and came up with the people below that have good reviews and a Cessna 172! note that I don't know them at all....

I got my Argentina pilot's license at Morón (suburb of Buenos Aires) at a flight school called FlightCenter. But if you're interested in visiting La Cumbre, Cordoba, there is a cool flight school there called AeroAtelier. You can do a "vuelo bautismo" (first flight) or several flights, or get your license there. The scenery is much nicer than Buenos Aires. The guy who runs it is from Switzerland and they speak English.

However if you're living in BsAs and he wants to pursue his license, a local flight school would be best. Most of the instructors will speak English, since they are almost all going for their commercial/ATP license, and they must speak English for their ATP (airline transport pilot). However, at most of the airports, and to pass a checkride, he will have to speak enough Spanish to safely communicate on the radio. For me it was a great motivator to improve my Spanish. The air traffic controllers at Morón, for example, will not speak English.

Since he has a UK license, he could in theory "convalidate" it. I already had my US license when I did my license in Argentina, but I opted to just do a new, separate license in Argentina, because I needed to learn the local rules, and practice/improve my Spanish on the radio.

Flying in Argentina was very rewarding for me... I have a few videos of some flights here on youtube. Here's one from Ushuaia to San Fernando, Buenos Aires:

I got my Argentina pilot's license at Morón (suburb of Buenos Aires) at a flight school called FlightCenter. But if you're interested in visiting La Cumbre, Cordoba, there is a cool flight school there called AeroAtelier. You can do a "vuelo bautismo" (first flight) or several flights, or get your license there. The scenery is much nicer than Buenos Aires. The guy who runs it is from Switzerland and they speak English.

However if you're living in BsAs and he wants to pursue his license, a local flight school would be best. Most of the instructors will speak English, since they are almost all going for their commercial/ATP license, and they must speak English for their ATP (airline transport pilot). However, at most of the airports, and to pass a checkride, he will have to speak enough Spanish to safely communicate on the radio. For me it was a great motivator to improve my Spanish. The air traffic controllers at Morón, for example, will not speak English.

Since he has a UK license, he could in theory "convalidate" it. I already had my US license when I did my license in Argentina, but I opted to just do a new, separate license in Argentina, because I needed to learn the local rules, and practice/improve my Spanish on the radio.

Flying in Argentina was very rewarding for me... I have a few videos of some flights here on youtube. Here's one from Ushuaia to San Fernando, Buenos Aires:

That’s amazing camel thanks for sharing!

Back