Ayatollah Pino Solanas?

Can someone explain how the elections work? From what I've read it seems like if Michetti gets the majority of the votes and Pino comes in second they both "win" a seat. Is that true? If so why do all of the parties field two candidates?

In Argentina, you don't actually vote for a candidate in congressional elections. You vote for a "list." The number one candidate on the list is usually the chief campaigner in terms of publicity, debates, etc. The actual seats in question are apportioned to each list according the percentage of votes. Thus, the candidate with the first spot has a much higher likelihood of ending up in office than the candidate with the last spot.

In Argentina, you don't actually vote for a candidate in congressional elections. You vote for a "list." The number one candidate on the list is usually the chief campaigner in terms of publicity, debates, etc. The actual seats in question are apportioned to each list according the percentage of votes. Thus, the candidate with the first spot has a much higher likelihood of ending up in office than the candidate with the last spot.

Thank you. I googled a little and found this which might be useful for other ignorants like myself.

http://www.lanacion....ra-de-diputados

and this page

http://www.eleccione...25#.Uml9UBZRfdk

which shows how many spots are up for grabs.

so can you cut the ballot up and add half of a ballot of another party to vote for the people you want?

Does this mean if Pino wins we get Persian food? If so I may have to change my vote.
Ed Rooney, you
W_Nuss_Gr_99.jpg

:)

Back