Ba And Epidemic Corruption

Pensador

Registered
So I take a nice drive with my lovely wife to MVD to buy a new laptop today. Had the shop scoped etc. Turns this guy used to have a shop in BA. So I asked him having owned a shop in BA on Florida are the police corrupt? WoW! well you better pay or your whole shop will be empty or so I was told. Which he saw this happen and moved to URU and set up shop here a result of that.

So any shop owners here.. truth or lies? The BA police are honorable or just on the take like the rest of crony's in Argentina?

It isn't just the corrupt police that shop owners have to deal with.

This was posted by a former BAexpat-former BAshop owner in this thread: http://baexpats.org/...ing-a-business/

I used to own a business here and here's my story...... http://escrachados.com

There are businesses that work here, but you sure has better know what you are doing and I also recommend having a partner, as it's impossible to handle all of the bureaucracy on your own.

I personally would never consider it again. Best of luck!

WARNING: The header of the blog in the link David provided contains close up images of dog poop, but most expats should be used to that if they have lived in BA for a couple of days.

And even if you find the sight of poop unpleasant and wish you hadn't seen it, you can still be glad you couldn't step in it.

PS: Several of my friends own businesses in nearby towns and I know most of the shop owners in the village one KM from my house.

I have talked about corruption with most of them and no one has ever mentioned anything about having to pay off anyone from the PFA, AFIP, or the Municipalidad for any reason whatsoever.

Well I guess that answers that question. But I think you are right about the rural areas I am sure they just have a completely different circumstance.

My wife and father in law own and run a small shop (almacen) and yeah the corruption is ever present. Not so much by the police, the worst they do is nothing, even when the area is being overrun with robberies (shop two doors down robbed three times in a month). Inspectors who come to the shop have openly said they are creating issues that are not there and will make them go away for a fee. Somewhere between 500 and 1000 pesos usually does the trick. Not once have inspectors come to the shop and not taken a bribe.

So I take a nice drive with my lovely wife to MVD to buy a new laptop today. Had the shop scoped etc. Turns this guy used to have a shop in BA. So I asked him having owned a shop in BA on Florida are the police corrupt? WoW! well you better pay or your whole shop will be empty or so I was told. Which he saw this happen and moved to URU and set up shop here a result of that.

So any shop owners here.. truth or lies? The BA police are honorable or just on the take like the rest of crony's in Argentina?

Well you sell contraband, things work like that.

Well you sell contraband, things work like that.

He was not selling contraband. But under the backwards interpretation of law and justice in a dark place like Argentina I can see your legal view. Fail to pay your bribes and even lawyers will twist the truth to justify that which is unjust and corrupt. Your post for example.

He was not selling contraband. But under the backwards interpretation of law and justice in a dark place like Argentina I can see your legal view. Fail to pay your bribes and even lawyers will twist the truth to justify that which is unjust and corrupt. Your post for example.

Jajajaja, you smart guy as usual. Of course he was selling contraband you naive genious.

I know some guys who own a couple of successful bars here. They have to pay bribes to a certain group of inspectors or they get shut down. They learned over the years, even though paying the bribes was against their beliefs and desires, that they could either pay or continue to get shut down and have problems all the time.

Their second place was opened about two years ago. They were paying the inspectors at the first place and when the second place opened, the inspectors told them they had to pay them for the second place as well. About a year later they started having problems at the second place with different inspectors (different neighborhood, different inspectors). They told the inspectors from the first place that they didn't want to pay them for the second place because the inspectors of the first place had no influence over the inspectors at the second place. The inspectors of the first place told them too bad, keep paying us for both places or your first place is going to have problems again as well.

Corruption is so bad here that the corrupt officials aren't even honest with their coima...

They aren't selling contraband.

Jajajaja, you smart guy as usual. Of course he was selling contraband you naive genious.

Really Bajo the way the corruption of Argentina has even managed to work in your mind is amazing to me. You must live in some sort of altered sense of reality relating to what is going on around you to even post these things. Perhaps it is difficult for your distinguish between right and wrong I am not sure. Because most of us here are seeing loads of corruption but in your corrupted mentality corruption is contraband. ROFLOL I do not know if I should laugh or cry reading your posts.

Really Bajo the way the corruption of Argentina has even managed to work in your mind is amazing to me. You must live in some sort of altered sense of reality relating to what is going on around you to even post these things. Perhaps it is difficult for your distinguish between right and wrong I am not sure. Because most of us here are seeing loads of corruption but in your corrupted mentality corruption is contraband. ROFLOL I do not know if I should laugh or cry reading your posts.

Well, you should start thinking instead of only having a nickname.
I deal with federal judges every day, i know most of them, only one ask me for a brive. As far as I refused to brive he/her, he/she invented 17 criminal cases against me for extortion (10 years of jail each).

he/she is corrupt? Yes.

The criminal judge interrogated me and 24 hours later he declared I m not guilty and, esentially said the case was fabricated.

The key was that I m not monotributista, i m responsable inscripto. When you are under criminal investigation they check your income. The corrupt judge tried to black mailing me with it.

That is the way corruption works. Nobody wants to be investigated about tax. They did, they found out that I pay about 7/8000 usd on tax every month (instead of being monotributista) and they gave up.

The problem with corruption is that common people evade tax and do money laundry, so, they are weak under pressure. That is the way illegality works, you evade sales tax, you pay inspector's tax.

This judge is facing 3 dismiss cases that are on and the bar association accept to represent my cases. There are comming another 14 dismiss cases more.

Back